Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas!

/ Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas!
Well got the new carb and fuel shutoff valve installed and everything runs great! Then I checked the hydraulic oil to make sure it was still at the correct level and found this:

nP5k5lZ.jpg

I knew it was a mistake to store my log splitter outside and not under cover this last summer!

I *assume* that this is water in the hydraulic oil, either from condensation or, more likely, water leakage or ingestion. Thus far, I'm about 4 oil/diesel fuel changes in and it's now finally starting to come out not so milky. One or two more oil changes and I should be be ready to get back to firewood processing again.

Thanks,

/ Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas! #42  
If your splitter is like mine the dip stick is also a breather (and it's not water tight). I always store my splitter with the ram retracted so the chrome part is inside the cylinder so it can't rust and either under a tarp or more often under a raised shed.

/ Huskee log splitter B&S engine crankcase full of gas!
If your splitter is like mine the dip stick is also a breather (and it's not water tight). I always store my splitter with the ram retracted so the chrome part is inside the cylinder so it can't rust and either under a tarp or more often under a raised shed.

It's a standard 22 ton Huskee log splitter that everybody and his brother, there's probably millions of them out there.

Expensive lessons learned. :(