3-Point Hitch Hydraulic top link

/ Hydraulic top link #61  
Yeah I know they state Cat 2 in the brochure but Cat 1 and 2 have different spacing between the lower arms and between the lower arms and top link. These arms are Cat 1 spaced. Lastly the the tractor is Cat 1 on the tractor side and uses Cat 2 end link balls on the implement side making it a mixed mess.
Sorry for all the questions...so you are saying my cat 2 quick hitch will not fit on the mt357?

/ Hydraulic top link #62  
Sorry for all the questions...so you are saying my cat 2 quick hitch will not fit on the mt357?
No I'm not saying that so sorry if that's the way it came across. It should fit a Cat 2 quick hitch because you have Cat 2 links on the implement/quick hitch side. The difference between a Cat 1 and 2 quick hitch is about 5 inches wider and taller and your linkage can spread to accommodate that.

/ Hydraulic top link #63  
Here is a picture of my factory top link. You'll notice the holes are different sizes. The smaller hole is 3/4" pin (Cat 1) and mounts to the tractor. The larger hole is 1" pin (Cat 2) and mounts to the implement.

If you tried to reverse the top link the Cat 2 side will not fit in the tractor as it too wide. If it did fit I would need a Cat 1 to 2 bushing because the tractor is only a 3/4" pin.
PXL_20210319_155322878.jpg
PXL_20210319_155542798.jpg

/ Hydraulic top link #64  
I would like to point out that there are many many tractors of different makes and models that have their 3pt hitches set up this way.

The largest that I know of is Kubota's M5-111. It has a 3/4" pin for the top link at the tractor side and can have a 3pt lift capacity in excess of 8000lbs at the link ends. So it is most definitely no wannabe cat 2 hitch.

For whatever reason, the manufacturers have chosen to build some of these hitches in this way.

Exactly why, :unsure: only they would know.

/ Hydraulic top link #65  
I'll be curious if that ends up working out for you. I'm thinking it might be too long and you won't be able to tilt the implement up.
to add... The dealer recommends/stocks/sells the A&I A-TLH006 as their hydraulic top link. That has a range of 24-32.
Like you I was concerned that the compressed length was too long, as the stock was 18 or 18.5, I forget which I measured it at. I mentioned the length to the LS dealer and they said they've not received any complaints. I still went with the TSC one with a range of 20-7/8 - 31-7/8 just to be sure, and it also has the double pilot operated check valve which the A&I product does not.

/ Hydraulic top link #66  
No I'm not saying that so sorry if that's the way it came across. It should fit a Cat 2 quick hitch because you have Cat 2 links on the implement/quick hitch side. The difference between a Cat 1 and 2 quick hitch is about 5 inches wider and taller and your linkage can spread to accommodate that.
Now that you say this and showed the pictures...I remembered Eric the Oracle having a video as well as kapper about how they had to file down the top link so that it would fit in their cat 2 tractors (cat 1 top link on tractor side). I bought the same one they used...looks like I will be grinding down the top link tomorrow before I will be able to put it on.

again, thanks for all of the info.