3-Point Hitch Hydraulic top link

/ Hydraulic top link #12  
Sorry if I'm hijacking here, but perhaps someone can explain.

Can you do a hydraulic side link with a rigid top link? It seems to me a hydraulic side link would be more useful than a top link (primarily used for road grading).

I only have one free rear remote, so ...

Or, is there a way to get top and tilt with only one valve?

As someone who does not currently have a hydraulic 3-point anything, I feel completely justified in answering this question as a complete novice.
I find that I adjust my top-link WAYYY more than I adjust my side-link. However, I do more mowing, box scraping, rototilling, etc, than I do grading my driveway (and it shows!). However, I do have a back blade, that when adjusted at an angle, the side link must also be adjusted for the correct positioning. Your mileage may vary. For me, I'd get both, the top and tilt, but if you only have one remote, then you are stuck with one or the other. Unless you wish to unhook the hydraulics from one, hook to the other, make your adjustment, rinse and repeat. But I think that would most certainly defeat the purpose of having hydraulic links. I'd look at possibly installing a second (and third while your there) hydraulic remotes on your machine.

/ Hydraulic top link #13  
As someone who does not currently have a hydraulic 3-point anything, I feel completely justified in answering this question as a complete novice.
I find that I adjust my top-link WAYYY more than I adjust my side-link. However, I do more mowing, box scraping, rototilling, etc, than I do grading my driveway (and it shows!). However, I do have a back blade, that when adjusted at an angle, the side link must also be adjusted for the correct positioning. Your mileage may vary. For me, I'd get both, the top and tilt, but if you only have one remote, then you are stuck with one or the other. Unless you wish to unhook the hydraulics from one, hook to the other, make your adjustment, rinse and repeat. But I think that would most certainly defeat the purpose of having hydraulic links. I'd look at possibly installing a second (and third while your there) hydraulic remotes on your machine.

I have looked at installing an extra remote, but my understanding is that the XR4145 does not have that option. The problem is I need one for snowblower control in the winter.

Perhaps an option would be disconnect from the top or side link when the snowblower is on (I'd have no need for it then), as it sounds like then it would just behave as a rigid link?

/ Hydraulic top link #14  
Here is a single factory rear remote turned into 4 useful sets of couplers using 3 electric diverters, all adjustments at the tip of my fingers using a single control lever and 3 separate switches in the control grip on that lever. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    658.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    635.3 KB · Views: 201
   / Hydraulic top link #15  
Holy rear remotes, batman!

Is that something you bought and plumbed yourself, of was it a kit you were able to purchase?

/ Hydraulic top link
Is that the 18 1/8" - 26 3/8", 06003? I see that number in the 2nd picture.

Yes it is. Works really well. On my box blade, it will drop the rippers down 4" with it retracted. Fully extended, it will roll it back onto the rear facing blade for fine smoothing. A perfect fit!

/ Hydraulic top link #17  
Ted, you’re gonna find that most useful.

/ Hydraulic top link #18  
I have an XR4145, 3 sets remotes, Dealer installed
IMG_1682.JPG

/ Hydraulic top link #20  
I have two on my XR4145. I'd like a third, but probably can work around it.
Brians idea on the diverter valve might be a solution too.