I Hate To Even Think This, BUT

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #41  
I guess I have very mixed opinions on this subject!
In one side, I am a firm believer of my word is my bond and I do everything in my power to stand by my word.
On the side, the dealer requires paperwork. I would not under any conditions, accept delivery of any item without a signed copy of paperwork in my hand (signed by me and other party).
In my opinion, when he changed the delivery date, he placed a contract in jeopardy depending on the terms of the contract. Does that mean it is a deal breaker? Depends on why the change.
Personally, I am slow to decide to let go of large sums of money, do those decisions are reached only after much research—I would know why I wanted that machine over another and how important it was. Dollars while always part of these decisions may not have been the primary deciding factor, and thus may mean even with a delay, that is still the machine I prefer, but may not be happy and would let them know it.
If everyone was reasonable and rational then we wouldn't need lawyers, contracts, courts, police,...

From the vendor's perspective there are a lot of deadbeats that think its ok to slough off payments and honouring their end of agreement. What you are describing is a pre-nuptial agreement.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #43  
I have a friend that cant make up his mind on anything. He purchased a mavic pro drone, got home desided he didn’t need a drone, returned it to Bestbuy and had to pay 15% restocking fee.

he took that money,bought a new tv from Bestbuy. Brought it home, desided he didn’t like it and returned it for another model. Brought that home, returned that one also. Bought another one, didn’t like that either. Is on the process of returning that.
please

Is this the fella that you had some issues loaning tools to? If not, have they met? Lol

This is at least the 3rd “people stories” you’ve told recently. Nobody is perfect but some people are just plain funny. Old ladies in the South would say “Oh, bless his heart.”

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #44  
Not the same person that borrows tools. This is a guy I’ve worked with for many years. Another electrical contractor. But kinda nuts too,

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #45  
This is at least the 3rd “people stories” you’ve told recently. Nobody is perfect but some people are just plain funny.
Should I tell you about the State Trooper that was chasing cows that had gotten loose? His idea of stopping them was to drive along side them as they were running down the median of an interstate highway and shoot at them with other traffic in the area.

This is the same guy that months earlier had gotten in a physical fight with firefighters that were trying to extricate another officer trapped in the cruiser after an accident.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #46  
Should I tell you about the State Trooper that was chasing cows that had gotten loose? His idea of stopping them was to drive along side them as they were running down the median of an interstate highway and shoot at them with other traffic in the area.

This is the same guy that months earlier had gotten in a physical fight with firefighters that were trying to extricate another officer trapped in the cruiser after an accident.

Not good.

But - on a funny note - many years ago we were driving on a very rural road and there was a calf on the road.

My wife was upset and worried - was afraid it would get hit by a car. It was getting dark.

She wanted to “get it back home”.

I said how are we going to get that done.

She decided we could use a spare dog leash we had in the car, tie it around the calf’s neck, tie the least to a fence and call the police,

I said no way - bad idea.

She is a woman and ignored me. So, I check for cars and she chases the calf. Needless to say, after 30 minutes she gives up. Can’t catch the calf.

So, she calls 911 and tells them what is up. The 911 lady says thanks but it happens all the time. It’s Mr. Tucker’s cows and we will give him a call.

Oh my.

MoKelly

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #47  
My BIL’s mom got a couple of new cars over the years due to their cows getting out. A cow would get out, get hit by a car, then they would settle with the driver by giving him her old car.

/ I Hate To Even Think This, BUT #48  

He obviously has pull in the department lol

An older brother of a HS classmate was a cop just like his father and an Uncle. He was an obvious genetic misfire, I would think he’d never get hired without nepotism.

He was plastered drunk in his cruiser doing donuts on our running track at school. I don’t recall if he was “on the clock” or in uniform but how he didn’t get fired for this is no mystery.

Me and one of my brothers wanted to be a LEO like our father. He told us, don’t bother because he’d already made calls to ignore our applications when we finished school.

We aren’t misfires, he thought the job was. lol

He did his 20 years and left for greener pastures in the oil patch as a peddler.

He was a gifted homicide detective but the 70’s was much worse than it was/is any time since.