I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome

/ I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome #1  

Gordon Gould

Tractor
Kubota L3010DT, Kubota M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G Dozer
I bought a SSQA plate. It doesn't fit like it should. I think I know what I want to do but maybe there is a better way. Here are some pictures. First this is how other SSQA plates fit. Note the top pocket and how the plate fits flush against the loader mount.

P1180887_2.jpg

If I take the SSQA plate and hang it on the loader by hand the pins on the bottom do not engage the slots before the bottom angle of the plate interferes with the bottom angle of the loader. Also the plate is not flush against the loader mount. Like the top pocket is to tight.

P1180870.JPG

If I take a dead blow hammer and give the plate one good whack near the bottom the pins engage and the bottom angle of the SSQA fits against the loader BUT the SSQA is not flush against the loader. Like the Plate is to high.

P1180873.JPG

P1180875.JPG

If I try to get the top of the loader into the SSQA pocket as far as possible to lower the SSQA I get this - increased binding on top.

P1180885.JPG

P1180882.JPG

So I am thinking that I should carefully grind the back of the SSQA plate pocket until the bind is relieved and the bottom and face of the loader fits flush against the SSQA plate. I may also have to tighten the notch for a proper fit with the pins. This is where I think I should grind. What do you think. Thanks.

REMOVED

EDIT: OOPS wrong pic. Try this

P1180885_2.jpg

gg

/ I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome #2  
Did you call Titan? Sounds like they made the plate too short so when your tractor locks in at the top, the bottom is too short and won't fit flush with the tractor.

Do you have a neighbor with a tractor with SSQA so you can check it on their machine. It is also possible your tractor's SSQA adaptor is too long.

I've bought 2 plates from them and both fit with no issue.

/ I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome #3  
It looks to me that the top angle of the Titan plate is the wrong angle and it is not allowing the tractor side to fit. If the top angle was bent up slightly I think you would be in business. Two options, send it back and get a new one or try to fix it yourself which may require some cutting and welding....

/ I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome
The top angle is as close to 45* as I can measure- like it should be. The plate is flat. Seems like more of a hassle sending it back only for them to send another just like it. To give Titan the benifit of doubt I would think there mfg would be consistent but if it is not then the next one might be worse. Seems easier to modify what I have to make it work. Even if I have to cut the top out and put a new piece in. I am just looking for the best way - maybe some has done this before or can see something I don't that will help me. There are so many tractor brands and models I am sure some are not perfect fits.

gg

/ I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome #5  
I also think the top is the problem. Looks like the angle is tight and if you can open it up everything would line up

/ I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome #6  
The top to bottom dimension should be 16" as in the diagram. Looks like it might be shorter than that.

The top angle is supposed to be 45 degrees, the bottom 120 degrees.

Attachments

• ssqa.png
    ssqa.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
   / I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome
The top to bottom dimension should be 16" as in the diagram. Looks like it might be shorter than that.

OK I saw that drawing - Now maybe you can tell me is that 16" measured from the outside on top, the inside, or somewhere between like the drawing shows. If I was going to build from that drawing it would be a guess.

gg

/ I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome #8  
When I measure my stuff I look for the 16" from inside of the upper angle to where the bottom angle starts.

Here is another diagram that shows more clearly where the 16" begins and ends.

Attachments

• ssqa1.jpg
    ssqa1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 248
   / I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome #9  
If you bought this new from Titan, I would just send it back for another one. No reason to tolerate it not fitting. But once you start diddling around with it, they won't touch it.

/ I Need to Custom Fit a TiTan SSQA Plate-Advise Welcome #10  
Is it possible your tractor QA face is bent. I've attached one of your pics and the area between the red lines appears to be curved. Either that or an optical illusion.

Attachments

• QA draw.JPG
    QA draw.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 281