I'm not the only dummy

/ I'm not the only dummy #51  
This thread reminds me that I've had a set of those tools on my ebay watchlist for almost a year to fold the seals up to get them inside the gland when rebuilding cylinders... probably should buy them, cause if not i'm guaranteed to have a cylinder issue soon.

/ I'm not the only dummy
Status Update:

Received all the parts rods/seals from the Kioti dealer. Went to put it all together only to discover the seal kits were missing pieces. Rather than reorder and hope the next set was correct, I picked up the missing seals from Hyspeco ... $45.

Spent about 2 hours reassembling and installing the cylinders. Checked for leaks and full function. Good to go!

Observations:

1. This is not a difficult process. I am left wondering how a shop can charge soooooo much to rebuild a cylinder.
2. When disassembling, take pics along the way. Note the direction parts install and the direction seals mount.

/ I'm not the only dummy #53  
I recently bought an additional 20 acres I didn't really want - lol. The previous owner bulldozed every single tree into massive piles of trees/rocks/dirt. Trying to break these piles apart to deal with them. Not sure if I just got onto something too heavy ... or I may have been back-dragging a tree out of the mud.
I popped a hose twice - both times back dragging at a severe angle.

/ I'm not the only dummy #54  
Be careful when ordering from Tractor Supply (or anyone else).
I ordered a culvert from them. They took my money and charged my card.
They had no culvert to sell. Somehow this is legal and they aren’t arrested.
They sent me a notice: “Your item has shipped to store.” This was a lie. Somehow “has shipped to store.” means the supplier has filled out some paperwork that item WILL be, or might be shipped to store….but maybe not. I gave them over a month, shipping tracking info shows nothing has been picked up, anywhere.

Their supplier has no culverts that can be shipped to any store and doesn’t know when they will get any. (Again, how is this legal? If I sold you a ‘69 Ford Mustang on Facebook, took your money, said “I don’t have a Mustang, and I don’t know when I ever will.” Shouldn’t I be arrested? Remember: “Corporations are people my friend”.)
I no longer would order from Tractor Supply or accept their word unless you see the item in the store. They will take your money and sell you an item they don’t t have, and can’t get.
Yeah i doubt this. And if it did happen, i believe they would issue a refund if u asked. U can’t just pitch a fit. Mistakes are made. Ask nicely and people respond in kind. I like tractor supply and have never had a problem with them.

/ I'm not the only dummy
I popped a hose twice - both times back dragging at a severe angle.
I've still got to go back and finish those debris piles. Hoping I don't have a repeat performance - lol.

/ I'm not the only dummy #56  
I've still got to go back and finish those debris piles. Hoping I don't have a repeat performance - lol.

Now that you have learned how stress can damage a cylinder,,
you will next have to learn what angle to rotate the bucket to so that there is little force on those cylinders.

I can press a brush pile with the bucket and only apply 10% of the force on the cylinder,,
or I can rotate the bucket, and apply 500% of the force on the cylinder.

so,, you now see,, the force is all in the geometry. o_O

Did you do well in your Geometry class?? 🧑‍🏫 :eek: 👩‍🏫 You need it ,, NOW!! :unsure:

:sneaky:(y)

/ I'm not the only dummy #57  
Status Update:

Received all the parts rods/seals from the Kioti dealer. Went to put it all together only to discover the seal kits were missing pieces. Rather than reorder and hope the next set was correct, I picked up the missing seals from Hyspeco ... $45.

Spent about 2 hours reassembling and installing the cylinders. Checked for leaks and full function. Good to go!

Observations:

1. This is not a difficult process. I am left wondering how a shop can charge soooooo much to rebuild a cylinder.
2. When disassembling, take pics along the way. Note the direction parts install and the direction seals mount.

Some cylinders are difficult to dissemble but besides that they’re pretty easy to rebuild.

/ I'm not the only dummy #58  
Status Update:

Observations:

Good Job. Remember that the rebuild shop would have to make 2 rods from scratch. That is several hours of work. At probably $100/hour it adds up. Then a couple of hours to replace all the seals and test.