Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #361  
My LCT 420cc motor has only one charge coil, so charging current is very limited. I installed a small 12V-1amp chassis fan, which has a small draw, but does not move a lot of air.

The main cooling is done by the flywheel fan, and that was ducted to the outside in the original 1-cyl Koop and ChangChai diesels. I used the same ducting for my gasoline engine conversion. None of the Chinese makers seem to do that with the Briggs. Just as they don't upgrade the electrical system to gas from diesel.

Oh yeah, the B&S 420 and Honda GX390 both have 2 charge coils, according to specs and in the ones I have opened up. Not on all engines, of course. Your B&S may indeed have 2, so may be good for running a 7A fan. You can check with an ammeter.
420 B&S has a 10A Charge Coil/Alt, so a 80W 12V like found on Amazon will work or an Marine Blower Fan, would ease Ducting.

not sure on the Honda

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
420 B&S has a 10A Charge Coil/Alt, so a 80W 12V like found on Amazon will work or an Marine Blower Fan, would ease Ducting.

not sure on the Honda
There are tons of options if buying a Honda thumper new. I recently repurposed a Honda GX340 from a generator and took the charge coils out. They seem to be exactly like those used in the GX clones like the LCT. B&S engines may use different kind of stator for their thumpers.

When I take out my LCT engine, perhaps to upgrade the hyd pump, I will put in the Honda charge coils. So far, the engine has worked great, at nearing 150 hours. I would love to have 10A charge current.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #364  
10A Electric Start. 3A Pull Start.

Electric Start would also show the Rectifier (charge circuit)

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #365  
Interesting look forward to learning more. This morning I did a search for "mini excavator" on Alibaba, there were >50k entries. How did you decide which one to buy?
Dig through the reviews - not only of the specific product - but also the SELLER! It will take you quite a while to narrow it down. Do not be afraid to have a direct conversation with the sellers when you are able to narrow it down to the finalists, they may even negotiate pricing.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #366  
I am right in this hot and heavy the past few weeks looking for 3.5 ton machine. Probably will be pulling the trigger in the next week or there abouts.

One thing I found out is there are a lot of companies that say they are the factory, but they are not. Limited number of actual factories and the others are what is referred to as "Traders" or what we would call a Dealer. They buy from the same factory and then put their various names and paint colors on the machines. I found this out by contacting another actual factory and asked why they were more expensive than "X" or "Y". The guy told me X and Y were actually the same thing built by Jiahe. I took a close look at the phots sent by X and Y and realized they were the photos of Jiahe's factory.

Big manufacturer is a company Jiahe. They actually are the factory and I found out they were building for a few other popular names. They have decided to get in the direct sale game themselves.

10A Electric Start. 3A Pull Start.

Electric Start would also show the Rectifier (charge circuit)
That makes sense. Was curious myself.

I think my LCT 420 engine is only rated 3A charge, and that's with electric start.

If using one of these gas motors, you can get more longevity if you dismount the rectifier/regulator from the side of the engine, and affix it to the firewall. I also do this with the starter relay. Vibration and heat is a killer.

BTW, the starter solenoid used for the 1-cyl diesels, installed by the factories in China is much larger than what you get with an aftermarket gas engine, and it is mounted remotely. I use it instead of the solenoid that came with my LCT engine.

One thing I found out is there are a lot of companies that say they are the factory, but they are not. Limited number of actual factories and the others are what is referred to as "Traders" or what we would call a Dealer.
That is true. Some factories do not have the personnel to handle sales, so need to use dealers.

My first deal was with a factory, and I used the Alibaba email system. My salesperson wanted to call and/or use WeChat. Don't do that.

Sellers will often paint the units they sell in color(s) you choose, and put a special serial # plate on the unit that you specify. At no extra charge.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #369  
That is true. Some factories do not have the personnel to handle sales, so need to use dealers.

My first deal was with a factory, and I used the Alibaba email system. My salesperson wanted to call and/or use WeChat. Don't do that.

Sellers will often paint the units they sell in color(s) you choose, and put a special serial # plate on the unit that you specify. At no extra charge.
Yeah, I have no idea what the weChat, WhatsAp, etc is. They all ask that. I tell them no. Email me.
Another thing to watch with some of these Traders is they will send a photo of a machine that does not match the specs they list. All I could think is somebody thinks they are getting that machine in the picture and then they get one that is completely different. This is common with the older style tail machines and newer style zero tail machines.
I plan on using AliBaba when it is time to send money based on reading your writeup when you ordered your machine.

I plan on using AliBaba when it is time to send money based on reading your writeup when you ordered your machine.

A lot has changed with these Chinese machines. Alibaba is still a good way to go if you can tolerate the import process.

There are many units now in the US, and some are over 3T. I see the Agrotk minis can be purchased and shipped from Chicago, and the directly-sold or auction prices in the US seem quite good. There is another TBN thread about the Agrotk brand.