Interesting

/ Interesting #1  

kevin37b

Veteran Member
Tractor
john deere
We had a message on our home phone from the IRS telling us we owed 4965$ from last year . Obviously not well speaking and rude . I ignored it . 20 minutes later my cell rings , same people . Then the house phone rings again and I picked it up . After hearing the same line of **** I informed her that the IRS does not call anyone . You will get a registered letter . I said thank you for calling the FBI and we are looking at you right now . She hung up .

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Interesting #2  
They left a message on my phone that they (the IRS) have filed a suit against me and call them I'm ASAP! That was a few months ago. Just havent got around to calling them.....

/ Interesting #3  
I heard about such scams on the radio. Don't remember if it was in Canada or the States. Too bad Society doesn't deal with such people in the harshest manner possible.

/ Interesting #5  
IRS calls me all the time....

/ Interesting #6  
I've seen the same scams as noted by EarPlug in other articles on the internet. Its a dirty, rotten shame that folks haven't informed themselves about these scams.

/ Interesting #7  
My dad gets calls about needing his computer fixed. He doesn't have a computer or internet....

/ Interesting #8  
They called my parents and I think my dad talked them to death and they finally hung up on him. He loves to talk, but nobody can ever understand what he's saying!!!

Another scam they tried on my wife was to tell her they where a law firm collecting for her electric bill from 7 years ago that she didn't pay. With fines and interest, she owed just over a thousand dollars. They had her address right and the power company information correct. Probably dumpster diving, but we really don't know how they got her old information. That was before we met and she had moved twice from that address.

She contacted the power company and they reminded her that they paid her back $88 dollars when she turned off the power with them and moved in with me.

A guy on the local news just lost $40,000 to one of them because they convinced him that he had won the Publishers House thing and he had to pay the taxes before he could get the money. He is in his 80's.

I get 3 to five calls a day from out of state, and now a bunch from my area code that I never answer. Some are just looking for me to buy something, but I'm sure others are out to scam me if they can. If I don't know the person calling, I don't answer the phone. I keep my phone on mute, so I never hear it ring or ding or anything. It rings so often that I see incoming calls, but I still don't answer them.

It's the way of the world we are living in. Sad, but I don't know any other way.

/ Interesting #9  
I've been eaten up with this kind of calls lately. For me it seems to have started a few days after calling around for new cable / internet providers.

/ Interesting #10  
I always google numbers and never answer ones I don't recognize. (Usually numbers have been reported by others and you can see the scam listed on the internet withough ever answering your phone.) I figure if it is important they will leave a message. One particular number I googled about a week ago others had already reported and when they returned the call the phone company said that it was not a working number. So I called and sure enough it said the same thing, not a working number..so threw it in the reject list..wierd the efforts people will go through to get out of work.