Is there any food you do not like?

/ Is there any food you do not like? #131  
If you yearn for the aroma filled experience, just sprinkle hot pepper over a dog turd and smell that. It's about the same. :rolleyes:

Ok, dog turd soup. I think I will give both of them a hard pass. :)

/ Is there any food you do not like? #132  
Has anyone tried sweet breads?

I did not think I'd like them, but my son took us to a high end restaurant in Minneapolis one time and they had them on the appetizer menu. My daughter and I had been curious so we took the plunge! They were amazing!!

Since then we have sampled them in other places and they were just ok to amazing. All depends on how skilled the chef is in preparing them (as always).

/ Is there any food you do not like? #134  
Who would invent that sweetbread dish? Had to be someone starving to death.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #135  
Who would invent that sweetbread dish? Had to be someone starving to death.

I think most of the "cuisine" like that dates back to the caveman era. That was a period when NO part of the animal was wasted or scrapped. I think I've heard there's even recipes for the "last part over the fence". :vomit:

/ Is there any food you do not like? #136  
My Scotch Irish granny would not eat corn because that's what pigs eat.

/ Is there any food you do not like? #140  
I had not read this thread until just now, and I suspect I'm the least finicky eater you've ever known. I've still never had an opportunity to try rattlesnake or escargo. I'd be willing to try them; might or might not like them. I liked squirrel, including the brains, calf brains and scrambled eggs, raw or cooked oysters, black bear ground meat, steaks and roast, caribou, moose, all kinds of rabbits, quail, pheasant, doves, and even blackbird pie. Not to mention beef (including calf fries), pork, venison, mutton, racoons, fish of all kinds, etc. And I really do like liver and onions, and all my life figured the hearts and gizzards to be the best part of the chickens.

Of course there ARE a number of things I would never pay money for; one being the (japanese?) concoctions made up in some of the Kroger stores and even in some Sam's Clubs. They had free samples when they first started and I was sure glad I didn't pay anything for that stuff.