John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!!

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #11  
Why are you replacing the valves vs the O-rings between the sections? Are the valves cracking?

Excessive pressure could cause the seals between the valves to fail but should not cause the quick connect to uncouple so no clue on why the quick disconnect is coming undone.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #12  
Have you replaced the Teflon ring in the tractor side of coupling, female coupler?

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #13  
There a several different couplers that look alike BUT are different. Especially the ISO 7431.... There are A and B series

If you're coupling a B series to an A series ... they will fit together but will disconnect under pressure. The locking lugs don't quite engage. When new, the fit may just be enough to hold. Get a bit of wear... and they blow off. An incorrect hose end will also damage the sealing poppet of the female... hence: the jet of fluid on the tire

Here's a link to an identifier. Print it out full size and compare your couplers and ends.

Please report back on what you find ...

Last edited:
   / John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #14  
I'm still confused about what he's talking about. :unsure:

A selective control valve (SCV) or disconnects? First he says hoses are blowing out then just leaking. This is where a picture is worth a thousand words.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #15  
I'm still confused about what he's talking about. :unsure:

A selective control valve (SCV) or disconnects? First he says hoses are blowing out then just leaking. This is where a picture is worth a thousand words.
X2…..and maybe he’s mixing up pipe thread and oring boss port fittings and hoses popping out?

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #16  
My guess is he's talking about quick couplers. Sounds like they are not correct match (see Hosspuller's post #13)
Leak down could be leaking load check valves inside the SCV.
The black knob controls function of the SCV. It should not affect hoses coming uncoupled. Depending on the valve series, there can be two or three functions. You can have extend, retract, and float, Or extend, retract, with return to neutral when lever is released. 300 series also have lock at extend or retract, that hold until system pressure is reached, then releases.
With 200 series valves; cylinder extend hose should be in the lower coupler to prevent leak down. With 300 series valves either coupler can be used.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #17  
The hoses going to the coupler might be pushing on something when pressure is put on them. moving the hose back just enough to only be half hooked up.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!!
Ok sorry left my laptop at home and had to reset my password on the work computer. Thanks for all the replies and the help.

Let me try this again I am attaching a pic that is not mine but we have the same quick connects( right term?) I am 99% sure we have the correct size it works and has been working but it goes through these times and the only thing so far that as allowed us to use for any length of time is replacing the quick connects sliver things? Eventually they start blowing the implement hydraulic house out of the quick connect while at the same time shooting fluid out from between the quick connectors not where it is screwed into the tractor(green paint). We have replaced them at least twice and they work for awhile and then start doing this again. I have hooked it up to different implements with the same result.

This is not my tractor in the pic but same set up.
maxresdefault.jpg

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!! #19  
Those don't look like JD couplers. Those look like high pressure (10,000psi) couplers (TC-371). I've only seen those on automotive ram jacks and such--The locking sleeve stays back when released. If that's the case, the couplers are mismatched for typical tractor implements.

Back to post #13. We need to see the male side of the QC connectors.

/ John Deere 6400 Hydraulic hoses keep popping out!!
2.PNG

I am trying to get the size from my father in law. We got them from Ag equipment place in my hometown I am trying to get the actual size and make from him. I have seen youtube videos that were the same as what we have on this tractor.

Like previously said if we replace the quick coupler it will work for awhile and then fail eventually. WE have not replaced anything on the tractor itself/where the coupler screws in. Could there be excessive pressure causing the o rings to fail?

Last edited: