Just Picked It Up

/ Just Picked It Up #1  

workinonit

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5090E
Just picked up my new 24 foot, 16,000 pound trailer. Had to wait a couple of weeks for it to be built. I have to build a structure and mount the new winch then I can measure for some sort of tool box to keep accessories dry.

IMG_1023[1].JPGIMG_1022[1].JPG

/ Just Picked It Up #2  
Nice looking trailer , I like those between the wheel beds for hauling equipment , keeping the COG low always felt safer to me. Don't see a name on it, costom local build?

/ Just Picked It Up #3  
Nice looking trailer , I like those between the wheel beds for hauling equipment , keeping the COG low always felt safer to me. Don't see a name on it, costom local build?

They actually make metal and plastic angular boxes for those trailers. I made my own for my previous trailer. My new trailer is a tilt bed so don稚 have room...or need.

trailer 3.jpg trailer 2.jpg trailer 1.jpg

/ Just Picked It Up

Yes, locally built. Guy builds a ton of these in various sizes.

/ Just Picked It Up
   / Just Picked It Up #6  
you cant see by these pics, but i have a receiver welded behind the box. its a simple 2x2 square. my winch slipped in. it was to load a horse carriage. you can see the winch in the middle picture. it was a remote controlled unit.

making the box was easy. adding the lock and hydraulic lid lift took some effort to design

had it powder coated

/ Just Picked It Up
Yea, though I can, I'm not making a box. Push come to shove I have 2 large ammo cans that I can mount and paint. I can build a battery box. I hadn't thought about the winch on a receiver. That may be an option.

/ Just Picked It Up #9  
That’s a 16,000 and not a 14,000? It looks like 16” tires where usually 16k trailers have 17.5 tires.

/ Just Picked It Up #10  
Nice!