Keep ripping tubes

/ Keep ripping tubes #12  
I also wonder about the quality of tubes these days. Not really related but I had problems with tubes on a bicycle recently.

/ Keep ripping tubes #14  
Not sure. Why would they not last?

Worried about corrosion now too
Tires or wheels that came with tubes have a rubber liner that covers the steel rim. Even my old truck wheels have a liner. Everything I have ever seen that came with tubes has a liner. Our tractors have them even our log skidders, dump trucks, old 1 tons, all have liners. Only way I see tearing tubes is no liner. Unless they rotted. Rather have tube tires any day.

/ Keep ripping tubes #15  
I also wonder about the quality of tubes these days. Not really related but I had problems with tubes on a bicycle recently.
I bought a new rotted tube. Had five patches on it before I put it in. That was a wheel barrow. I bought solids for all five. Put tubes in my riding mower and have not aired up in years now. Two wheel dollies are all solids. Cutting torch dolly I cut some 2" wide sections of 24" pipeline, and made some spokes, welded pipe hub in the center, forever fixes are what I like.

/ Keep ripping tubes #16  
Tires or wheels that came with tubes have a rubber liner that covers the steel rim. Even my old truck wheels have a liner. Everything I have ever seen that came with tubes has a liner. Our tractors have them even our log skidders, dump trucks, old 1 tons, all have liners. Only way I see tearing tubes is no liner. Unless they rotted. Rather have tube tires any day.
How do liners have any effect on the tube with a smooth painted rim and a correctly seated bead?

/ Keep ripping tubes #17  
The only liners that I have seen have been in spoked wheels and split rims.
I have not seen a liner in any farm tractors starting in the 50's.
Truck tires and loaders with split or bolt together rims had liners.

/ Keep ripping tubes #18  
   / Keep ripping tubes #19  
How do liners have any effect on the tube with a smooth painted rim and a correctly seated bead?
Better check that rim real good. Them smooth rims aren't all that smooth. Spot welds in them. Plus the tube can rust to the rim. You may take a flappy disc and touch up paint and make it work. Our 6 tractors have maybe one flat a year average. No other problems and have liners. But a flat is a flat. He is having ripped tubes and no flat. If the liner is in right, tube won't get pinched. Rubber on rubber instead of rubber on steel. Even bicycle tubes have liners back when I rode them.

/ Keep ripping tubes #20  
I’ve ruined brand new tubes 2 different ways:
-Bad installation where I either pinched the tube under the bead or with the mounting tools.
- Not finding and removing the little splinter of metal that was still poking through the tire that flattened the original tube. Of course, if you have new tires too, this is probably not the case.
Luckily, my experience was with bike tires and were a lot cheaper lessons.