Traction Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem
Here is a picture of the clutch check/drain plug for the CK. Picture in right hand column. Remove that plug, if water comes out let it dry overnight and try driving. If oil comes out, needs to go to dealer because it has a seal leak.
Yellowish, milky looking oil could be air or water. If it was just serviced recently make sure the hydraulic filter underneath the right side of operator platform is tight, this is suction strainer and loose,leaky gasket could allow air in without having an oil//fluid leak.

Ok, will do everything Monday morning. Thanks a lot!

Aha. finally actually someone with a picture!!!.. I knew it would have a clutch housing drain, but I assumed it would be like the Kubota's and have the little button you push with your finger, I think they call it a "split pin" . I would love to know what will come out of that housing when that bolt is removed.!

James K0UA

Haha. Me too! I can't wait. I will let you know in the morning!

Here is a picture of the clutch check/drain plug for the CK. Picture in right hand column. Remove that plug, if water comes out let it dry overnight and try driving. If oil comes out, needs to go to dealer because it has a seal leak.

Yellowish, milky looking oil could be air or water. If it was just serviced recently make sure the hydraulic filter underneath the right side of operator platform is tight, this is suction strainer and loose,leaky gasket could allow air in without having an oil//fluid leak.

ANSWER:

Ok, there is NOTHING coming from the clutch check/drain plug. It is dry as a bone. Is that good or bad?

Also, the hydraulic filter was not as tight as it could have been I guess. I was able to turn/tighten it by hand almost a half turn I'd guess until I couldn't turn it any more so maybe that is/was the reason for the milky hydraulic fluid.

Thanks for all of the advice so far!

Last edited:
   / Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem #44  
Yes. Absolutely no fluctuations in the rpm's at any time. That's why it seems to me like it wouldn't be the clutch slipping.
Sounds to me like the clutch is slipping but it is hard to say without seeing the tractor.

Sounds to me like the clutch is slipping but it is hard to say without seeing the tractor.

I thought I read somewhere that there would be rpm fluctuations if the clutch was slipping. Is that not correct?

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem #46  
I thought I read somewhere that there would be rpm fluctuations if the clutch was slipping. Is that not correct?
Not really.
If the RPM's stay the same, but the machine is slowing down, something is slippng.
Most likely the clutch.

/ Kioti 2009 CK35 Transmission Problem #47  
Yes. Absolutely no fluctuations in the rpm's at any time. That's why it seems to me like it wouldn't be the clutch slipping.

Clarification please. When the problem is present (tractor no go or go real slow) if you release the clutch with the tractor in gear and give it some throttle, does the RPM increase like you'd expect? If the RPM goes up under these conditions with a gear transmission, either the clutch is slipping or something has become disconnected in the drive train.

I read that the clutch housing was dry: no water and no oil came out. This is good and bad. It means the possible problem with the easiest fix (clutch full of H2O, just drain and dry) isn't the case. But it also means that the a leaky seal probably isn't the problem either. I looked at the parts diagram (OEM Parts) and the clutch is a 2-disk affair (separate PTO and drive clutches), relaitvely complex compared to the single automotive-style clutch on the DKs. I think it's possible that something in that assembly has come lose or broken. The sudden occurrence of your problem leads me to believe that something mechanical (probably in the clutch stack) is your problem. In any case, I think it's dealer time.

Your dealer may have a borescope that lets him inspect the clutch pack through the drain hole before disassembling anything. In my experience, the borescope is a good tool but you need to know what you should be seeing to use it effectively.

Also, you previously stated that it got better after you adjusted the clutch but later said it got better after several minutes of operation. Do you think the clutch adjustment actually changed anything or might that have been the second behavior that occurred after the adjustment by coincidence?

In any case, please let us know what you learn.

Last edited:
Not really.
If the RPM's stay the same, but the machine is slowing down, something is slippng.
Most likely the clutch.

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Clarification please. When the problem is present (tractor no go or go real slow) if you release the clutch with the tractor in gear and give it some throttle, does the RPM increase like you'd expect? If the RPM goes up under these conditions with a gear transmission, either the clutch is slipping or something has become disconnected in the drive train.

ANSWER: Yes, the rpm's do go up as expected.

I read that the clutch housing was dry: no water and no oil came out. This is good and bad. It means the possible problem with the easiest fix (clutch full of H2O, just drain and dry) isn't the case. But it also means that the a leaky seal probably isn't the problem either. I looked at the parts diagram (OEM Parts) and the clutch is a 2-disk affair (separate PTO and drive clutches), relaitvely complex compared to the single automotive-style clutch on the DKs. I think it's possible thst something in that assembly has come lose or broken. The sudden occurrence of your problem leads me to believe that something mechanical (probably in the clutch stack) is your problem. In any case, I think it's dealer time.

ANSWER: I also think something has broken. Now that I think about it, I ran through a big rut in the field about 100 feet before it suddenly stopped. And I also feel that it's dealer time now. It seems like we've tried all the simple things now. :(

Also, you previously stated that it got better after you adjusted the clutch but later said it got better after several minutes of operation. Do you think the clutch adjustment actually changed anything or might that have been the second behavior that occurred after the adjustment by coincidence?

ANSWER: Yes, the movement of the tractor got slightly faster after the clutch adjustment (but only in low gear). Then, it had sat for a couple of days I think before I had moved it into another area to be picked up today. So when I moved it, it moved ALMOST normally for about 2 minutes (even in high gear #4) but then suddenly slowed down to a crawl again just as I got it into the new area that was uphill about 500 feet away. That is what is weird to me - how it moved fairly normally for about 2 minutes.

Ok guys. The tractor is now at the dealer and I will let you know what they say as soon as I know. It should be interesting!

My guess is that something broke for some reason that caused the clutch to shred.

Last edited: