Kubota B2910 Not Starting with Ignition Key

OP
Shmallory0

Shmallory0

Tractor
Kubota B2910
Fuse was burnt out on the one for the dash fuse. Put a new one in and the panel works now.

I haven't torn the tractor apart yet, but how would one tell if a safety switch is not working properly. I am able to reach 2 of them, and compressing the button. I assume there should be a click, but both don't really make an audible noise.

tl;dr - How do I check if the safety switches work?

mini14

Silver Member
Tractor
allmand tlb535
Jumper wire BTW the 2 contacts.

CH4Ohio

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910, JD5103, Kubota L5740
Did you definitely eliminate the switch at the clutch pedal as NOT being your problem? I had that one work loose on mine once and had to simply pull it back into the housing and tighten the retaining nut so the clutch pedal would depress it adequately. It's right out there where you can see it and just can't tell that the plunger doesn't quite close the switch.

On most any of these switches, you can just disconnect them and take a bent piece of wire to jump across the terminals to see if that resolves the problem.

If not the clutch, there are 2 PTO switches (rear and mid-PTO levers).

My seat switch has been disconnected since I got it, so not sure if that has to be "closed" in order for it to start or not, but it's super easy to jump across that one in order to check it too.