Kubota L6060?

/ Kubota L6060? #1  

bpbolde

Tractor
Kubota L5740HSTC-3, Toro Z153, GMC Topkick w/Altec LRIII, Vermeer BC1250 Turbo, Rayco RG1620, too many trailers
I just sold my L5740 and am ready to purchase a new tractor. I'm looking at an L6060 for primarily pallet fork work lifting sawlogs/cut lumber and some light dirt work. It'll also be used for snow removal and I'll likely build an 8' snow pusher for that.

Before I buy, I wanted to get some thoughts from the forum:

1. Loader capacity: The LA1055 is rated at 1,784 lbs and the old LA854 from the 5740 was rated at 1878 (500mm forward of the pin to full height) Did they change how they rate or measure the capacity? Or is the new loader really weaker?

2. The 60 series was released in 2012. Since they just updated the B series to the LX, any thoughts on when/what will be the new version of the 60 series?

3. DPF. From what I've heard, it's relatively trouble free as long as you run it how it wants to be run (i.e. don't interrupt the regen, run higher rpms, let it warm up with no short trips)

4. Top n tilt. I've always wanted one for my box scraper, but have heard they can be a leaky pain in the rear. Is it worth it, Or should I stay manual?

5. I had turf tires on the 5740 and loved them. For my uses, they're gentle to lawns and I don't need the traction of a heavier lug. The R14s interest me, but I'd like to know how they are on grass.

Any other "must have" options you all recommend besides the high capacity alternator?

/ Kubota L6060? #2  
We have a 5240 some issues with leak down, have to adjust every time we use it

/ Kubota L6060? #3  
I will tackle a couple of your questions ........

My Kubota M6040 weighs 10,100#. It has R-1 tires. I definitely try to stay off my lawns.

I have a Fit Rite hydraulic top link. Had it six years now. Not even a single drop of oil leakage. You will get what you pay for in this area.

Want greater lift - look at the M6060 rather than the L6060.
IMG_0009.jpeg

/ Kubota L6060? #4  
1. Loader capacity: The LA1055 is rated at 1,784 lbs and the old LA854 from the 5740 was rated at 1878 (500mm forward of the pin to full height) Did they change how they rate or measure the capacity? Or is the new loader really weaker?
I have a hard time believing it is weaker, Id say its how they measure/rate the capacity.
Just curious where are you located? Near detroit or north of muskegon? I was originally looking for a 6060 not too long ago and the dealer told me there was not one in the state. I settled for a 5460 that was on the lot of a nearby dealer

/ Kubota L6060?
North of Muskegon. They're telling me June is the expected delivery.

/ Kubota L6060? #7  
I just sold my L5740 and am ready to purchase a new tractor. I'm looking at an L6060 for primarily pallet fork work lifting sawlogs/cut lumber and some light dirt work. It'll also be used for snow removal and I'll likely build an 8' snow pusher for that.

2. The 60 series was released in 2012. Since they just updated the B series to the LX, any thoughts on when/what will be the new version of the 60 series?

3. DPF. From what I've heard, it's relatively trouble free as long as you run it how it wants to be run (i.e. don't interrupt the regen, run higher rpms, let it warm up with no short trips)

4. Top n tilt. I've always wanted one for my box scraper, but have heard they can be a leaky pain in the rear. Is it worth it, Or should I stay manual?

5. I had turf tires on the 5740 and loved them. For my uses, they're gentle to lawns and I don't need the traction of a heavier lug. The R14s interest me, but I'd like to know how they are on grass.

Any other "must have" options you all recommend besides the high capacity alternator?

I have a L4060 with a LA805 loader...

Loader hydraulics are the weak spot, possibly the front axle. Its entirely stable at max lift when hydraulics go into relief. I couldn't quite lift an alledged 1,700lbs pallet a ways out on pallet forks. Removed 50lbs & could barely lift it. I'd imagine the bigger loader could easily lift pushing 2k or so. Stability might be an issue though.

There are differences on loader ratings. They use to rate things at the bucket lip but now it's usually 500mm infront of the pins. Not sure when the changes were made, but I thought it was before the 40 series.

My R4s do OK on fields & pastures. Tight turns & being in 4wd will tear up grass a fair bit. Fine for fields, not good for a lawn.

No DPF issues myself. Don't lug the engine. Don't idle a lot. Run at higher RPM most of the time & it will likely be fine. I rarely even pay attention to regens personally now.

Grand L rear remotes are hot garbage. I've had a pile replaced & all but one have massive leakdown issues. They finally put a DPOV on my tilt circuit as they couldn't get a non-leaky one. I love my FitRite hydraulics TnT cylinders. The ones that my dealer tried to put with the machine were worse than the valves. As painful as the valves have been I couldn't live without TnT half the time.

High output alternator, rear window defrost, air ride seat, 3rd function, 3 rear remotes, block heater. I put in a radio & LED light bars front & rear, 3rd function skid plate along with a Quick Hitch. I'd do them all again if I upgraded to a higher HP Grand L.

/ Kubota L6060? #8  
I have both a Grand L6060 and a L5740.

The difference in lift capacity is not noticeable.

The R4 tires on my L5740 are a little more aggressive than the turf tires on my L6060. Most of my work is on athletic fields and golf courses, and I try to use the turf tires more on those areas.

The DPF has not been an issue on the L6060. I have about 800 hours on it.

I don't have top & tilt, so I can't comment on that.

/ Kubota L6060? #9  

I've had an L6060 HST since 2015. I just traded it for the cabbed L6060 HSTC version this fall. I use the tractor pretty much the way you propose with most operating hours devoted to mowing & plowing. For those operations in the heat of summer and the cold of winter, the heated & air conditioned cab has been a godsend for me. The only downsides to the cab are reduced visibility when working with pallet forks at full height and attaching SSQA implements. I now use a camera system to fix this issue. The cab is also a problem when working in the woods. For those operations, I use the open station MX5800 instead.

1. The LA1055 lift capacity is considerably more than the LA723 on my old L3430 but not quite what I'd like. FWIW, the published specs on the LA723 were way overstated. However, I found the published specs on the LA1055 to be fairly accurate. Check the hydraulic pressure and make sure it's at or near 2800#. I know some who boost it 10% or so to get more lift but that can take it's toll on the front axle.

2. No help here.

3. The DPF has been almost a non issue in the 700 hours I have on the L6060's. The Intellipanel gives you a readout on the status. Keep the RPM's up and work the tractor normally during the regen cycle and you won't have any trouble.

4. I had the dealer install a T&T kit on my first L6060 and it was a disaster. Clearance problems and leakage made the kit almost unusable. A T&T is definitely worth the money but as others have said, get one from Fit Rite Hydraulics! No problems at all since I went that route.

5. I've had 7 Kubota tractors in the last 35 years and I've found the R4 tires to be a good compromise between traction and lawn damage. Don't mow in FWD if you can avoid it. Turf's are the best on grass but require chains for working in mud & snow. I'm also curious about the R14's but can't offer any opinion at this point.

If you have, or plan to get hydraulic SSQA FEL attachments, a 3rd function valve is a must.

Even if you don't need them now, get all 3 rear remotes. The cost is far less than adding them later. Yes, the Kubota valves do bleed down a bit but IMO, it's only a minor issue. I haven't had any external leakage problems like others have reported.

If you get a cab, the 170 amp alternator, defrosters, and rear wiper are all well worth the price. Get the front & rear cab lights mainly for the wiring & switches. Throw away the halogen lights and replace them with LED's. Skip the Kubota radio and get a plug & play aftermarket model with more features for about 1/4 the cost of the factory model.

Good luck!

/ Kubota L6060? #10  
I have an L6060 HSTC as well, and I also struggle to see connecting skid steer attachments. I’m curious about the camera you installed to help make the connections. Anything you can share?