Kubota L6060?

/ Kubota L6060? #21  
Sorry for doubting you. Between unsolicited phone calls, mail in both my home mail box, and emails. I find it harder and harder to believe people except those I work with, or have known for a very long time.

/ Kubota L6060? #22  
Sorry for doubting you. Between unsolicited phone calls, mail in both my home mail box, and emails. I find it harder and harder to believe people except those I work with, or have known for a very long time.
Totally understand. Our family owns a small farm in Iowa (750 acres) so I grew up in this world. I agree that if you saw this on Craigslist I’d be reluctant as well

/ Kubota L6060? #23  
I'm sorry, but this sounds like a scam I've seen and heard many times.

It usually reads something like: I'm in the military and I have a car/truck/atv/tractor for sale so I don't have to store it. It's in a storage warehouse in (any large city). And it goes on...
I was going to post the same thing. Started to write some facts about length of deployment & time to retirement that don't make sense. But will make the probable scammer do their own research.

/ Kubota L6060? #24  
Tractor cams can be difficult to work with due to their wide angle field of view. It's often difficult to mount them where they can be used for specific work operations. To get around this problem, I made my own portable camera setup which allows them to be placed wherever necessary, even in fixed locations off the tractor itself. See this post for details:

When not in use, I keep the cameras in a case behind the tractor seat.
I had a bucket cam on my old L3200 (better visibility). I have yet to put 9ne on the L4060hstc after almost 600 hours. Keep thinking about it, but the old cam setup wasn't that good.

I have taken a paint pen to both sides of the SSQA for alignment marks. First pair was in an arbitrary spot on both sides. 2nd one was only on the bucket/forks/plow & aligned with an edge for an upper tab on the tractor side. I don't have to align the edges of the SSQA interface I can't see now. I just have to align the tab & paint marks. Doesn't help with some of the vertical bits or being crooked, but it's a lot better.

/ Kubota L6060? #25  
I was going to post the same thing. Started to write some facts about length of deployment & time to retirement that don't make sense. But will make the probable scammer do their own research.
The posts from the member selling the kubota go back quite a while. Avatar says member since 2017

Looks Legit .

I think Someone is going to score One heck of a deal.

If a member lived close enough to check it out in person...

Thread of when he purchased it.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L6060? #26  
1. Loader capacity: The LA1055 is rated at 1,784 lbs and the old LA854 from the 5740 was rated at 1878 (500mm forward of the pin to full height) Did they change how they rate or measure the capacity? Or is the new loader really weaker?

From what I know of Kubota loaders (ie very little but I do know this), the model number states the capacity in KG at the pins, more or less:
1616442456497.png

The 1784# you're seeing appears to be the capacity 500mm forward of the pins.

An LA854 would be ~1882# at the pins; I believe you were looking at its "pins" capacity vs the 500mm capacity of the LA1055:
1616442574478.png

/ Kubota L6060? #27  
The posts from the member selling the kubota go back quite a while. Avatar says member since 2017

Looks Legit .

I think Someone is going to score One heck of a deal.

If a member lived close enough to check it out in person...

Thread of when he purchased it.

Seems legit. Lots more effort & years of setup than 99.9% of scammers would do at least.

Military retirement kicks in at 20 years, so most retire at 20. Just short is really suspicious as you blow all your retirement benefits. Longer is mildly unusual as you already got your retirement in.

I thought most overseas tours were 2 years not 4. I was an IT contractor in Afghanistan & Kuwait a decade ago for the army. So more knowledge than average, but not am expert, especially for Air Force or how things may have changed in a decade.

Enough oddities to give me pause & ask a few more questions at least. That is a super classic scam I've seen dozens of times. Plays on wanting to support the troops. Of course there are actual troops PCSing overseas frequently too & not just scammers.

Done derailing the thread on this front.

/ Kubota L6060? #28  
The tractor is on my acreage outside of Fairborn, OH. I have all the manuals, for everything. It was bought new from Bane Welker Kubota in Wilmington Ohio. Salesman’s name was Kyle Hoppes.
Please forgive me for not including more details in my already super long post.

I’m stationed at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton Ohio. We received orders to move to Ramstein AFB Germany. A base my job is not normally located at. We thought we were going to Warner Robins AFB, Georgia or we wouldn’t have bought this tractor in the first place.
Your post does seem a lot more legitimate. I'm just very scetpical these days, because I am still fighting the effects of identity theft a few days ago.

Thank you for your service to our country, and for helping protect my freedom.

/ Kubota L6060? #29  
Seems legit. Lots more effort & years of setup than 99.9% of scammers would do at least.

Military retirement kicks in at 20 years, so most retire at 20. Just short is really suspicious as you blow all your retirement benefits. Longer is mildly unusual as you already got your retirement in.

I thought most overseas tours were 2 years not 4. I was an IT contractor in Afghanistan & Kuwait a decade ago for the army. So more knowledge than average, but not am expert, especially for Air Force or how things may have changed in a decade.

Enough oddities to give me pause & ask a few more questions at least. That is a super classic scam I've seen dozens of times. Plays on wanting to support the troops. Of course there are actual troops PCSing overseas frequently too & not just scammers.

Done derailing the thread on this front.
Short of sending you my address and a plane ticket I’m not sure what else would convince you I am not scamming anyone. But to put your questions at ease. I’ve been to Camp Arifjohn which is where I assume you went as a Contractor with the Army? Been to the BX.. Starbucks.. Have also been to the Air Force bases there also.

A standard overseas long tour for Air Force is 4 years. 2 years for a single member PCSing without family. It’s not cost prohibitive to send a family overseas for 2 years.

/ Kubota L6060? #30  
Short of sending you my address and a plane ticket I’m not sure what else would convince you I am not scamming anyone. But to put your questions at ease. I’ve been to Camp Arifjohn which is where I assume you went as a Contractor with the Army? Been to the BX.. Starbucks.. Have also been to the Air Force bases there also.

A standard overseas long tour for Air Force is 4 years. 2 years for a single member PCSing without family. It’s not cost prohibitive to send a family overseas for 2 years.
No worries, I was saying that's what originally tripped my scam alert. Not that it still sounded like a scam.