Kubota or John Deer

/ Kubota or John Deer #11  
Many here are very brand loyal and they will try to influence you toward their preferred brand of tractor. Those with tractors other than Kubota and John Deere will tell you that you are paying for the name and the "paint color" with those brands and other brands are just as good but less expensive.

Spend some time on this forum and look at the posts for each brand and you will see that many people have problems with the brand of tractor they own, some minor and some major. Use these posts as part of your education about tractors, to rule out brands you don't want to purchase, based upon the number and significance of problems revealing the quality and reliability of that brand.

I suggest you go look at the Kubota and John Deere tractors (along with any other brand(s) which you develop interest in) within your price range and spend a significant amount of time examining and driving each of those models. It takes a while but you will begin to learn and absorb the different features of each of the brands that you spend time with. You will learn what you like/dislike, what is comfortable to you, and the other pertinent features of each tractor. You will begin to develop a clear preference after you spend some time examining and driving the different tractors.

Evaluate how each dealer treats you and see how they handle your questions. The dealer is important if you have problems with your tractor or need parts/warranty work. You may never need to go back to the dealer if you are fortunate.

You can get quotes from the dealer on the tractors you favor and the prices may also help you in reaching your decision.

Last edited:
   / Kubota or John Deer #12  
Well since you can't spell one the other seems like the obvious choice :ROFLMAO:

I would look at all the brands, then I would look at where I can get parts or service. That should narrow it down some. Then I would research those brands.

ETA. Also, take note of what's parked in the yards/fields around you. If there's a lot of one color or none of a certian color you may need to consider the reasoning for that.

/ Kubota or John Deer #14  
Regardless of brand, I'd be looking at what your local dealer sells and if they are a good dealer or not. At some point in the future, you'll need that dealer for consumables. I base my tractor purchases entirely on my excellent dealer and in my case, it's Kubota and I own more than one.

Not brand loyal at all, I'm dealer loyal.

/ Kubota or John Deer
TYM is now going to be making some of the Yanmar tractors. If OP is looking in that spec range probably better to just get a TYM.

New or pre-owned?

I’m hoping pre-owned. $25-$30K doesn’t get you very far with those two brands.

If new, with that budget, I’d probably be looking at Branson tractors.

Mike
I don't know about that,The JD 3033R and the L3560 HST are around the same price at $29 to $30,000.00 depending on what you get on them. I could go that high if I could get what I want. I'm just looking around now and hopefully something used will pop up.

/ Kubota or John Deer #17  
I don't know about that,The JD 3033R and the L3560 HST are around the same price at $29 to $30,000.00 depending on what you get on them. I could go that high if I could get what I want. I'm just looking around now and hopefully something used will pop up.
If you want a pre owned unit, I suggest looking on Tractor House. The have, by far, the largest selection of pre owned units in the country today, all brands, all models.

/ Kubota or John Deer
If you want a pre owned unit, I suggest looking on Tractor House. The have, by far, the largest selection of pre owned units in the country today, all brands, all models.
Yeah I have been on their site. Thanks

/ Kubota or John Deer #19  
Been my experience that if it's green, it usually costs more and one thing I don't care for with JD is their I-match system which limits you to their implements only. Not that Orange is a lot cheaper because it isn't in reality but orange don't have the JD I-match system either.

If you buy pre owned, expect to pay a lot anyway, especially if it's pre 4. Pre 4 units command a high price because for the most part, none are produced today.

Both of mine are pre 4 and hold their value very well.

/ Kubota or John Deer #20  
Lots of questions to be asked. Do you need a backhoe? Why 30 -35hp? What implements are you going to be using. Do you need a 3rd function? What lift capacity do you need? Do you have a weight limit for towing? How maneuverable do you need it? Does it need to fit through gates? if so, what size gates? Do you need a cab?