L vs M series Kubotas?

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #21  
I have owned an M7040, M9540 Dual Speed, M125X, M126X and an M135X.
Currently own the M126X and M135X.
Really no complaints about any of them.

/ L vs M series Kubotas?
Checked today, the tractor is an MX5400DT. One difference I've noticed with the 4701, is the FEL lift capacity on the 5400 is a decent amount higher.

I'll watch the video above a little later, I'm interested in seeing what the differences are. We have an M7060 now with a cab, so it will be interesting to see how the two compare.

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #23  
Just picked up our hay for the year (large squares) all loaded on the trailer by the growers newish Kubota M6-141.
No problem grabbing 2 bales at a time.
Immediately noticed how smooth and quiet the P.S. drivetrain was. That is an Impressive Machine.

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #24  
I was lifting 2 4x4x8’s at a time after first cutting. Probably 3,000+ lbs. More worried about tires than anything

/ L vs M series Kubotas?
As long as the price is right, looks like the MX5400 may be the perfect tractor for my needs. It will be a transition going from the GST on the L4330 to the standard shift, but not really any difference with the 3910 & 3930 we already have.

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #26  
Cool. But you have only the one tractor you have sold listed in your info. You need to add the rest of them so we can all be jealous! (y)

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #27  
B2650 to L3901 to MX5400. Go for the MX which was a big step up for me with weight/traction (Knock down power), stability and lifting power.

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #28  
As long as the price is right, looks like the MX5400 may be the perfect tractor for my needs. It will be a transition going from the GST on the L4330 to the standard shift, but not really any difference with the 3910 & 3930 we already have.

I would recommend you to get the HST version instead or the Manual Transmission,
The DT version of this tractor comes with a Single Plate Dry Clutch, which is not heavy duty at all.

There is also a M5660 which comes with a Power Shuttle trans mission and a multiple plate wet clutch. Is a little heavier and slightly above the MX series in terms of capabilities, more rugged machine. -You might want to take a look at that model as well.

Good luck.

/ L vs M series Kubotas?
The DT version of this tractor comes with a Single Plate Dry Clutch, which is not heavy duty at all.

Are there any known issues with this particular clutch setup?

/ L vs M series Kubotas? #30  
Are there any known issues with this particular clutch setup?
Not in mine. I wanted a gear trans and ag tires because there is a loss of HP and traction with an HST and R-4's. Plus, running spreaders and certain ag equipment it's easier to match ground speed and PTO rpm's with gears.

For me, the clutch feels very HD and I haven't had an issue. I like the way it shifts and the gear ratios are where they ought to be. For me, it's typical excellent Kubota quality and performance. The MX is tough, well thought out and can take it. I don't know of any clutch issues.

Last edited: