L6060 finally gets here.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #21  
Congratulations. I know you have waited a while. I really like the seat but I weigh about 165 and I was coming from a no frills Mahindra. When you find a good location for a toolbox please post as I am still looking for the best location.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #22  
I'll 2nd the easily damaged 3rd function lines. I've tweaked mine at least once & had to replace them at least once. I got my 3td function skidplate & loader QD shield from Paul & Kathy. Specialty Repairs Custom Mods - Kubota 6 Series Mods. The QD guard is a little light, but the skidplate is as beefy & easy to install as I'd like. They have other mods including the loader tube storage.

Speaking of hydraulic issues, make sure your rear remotes have acceptable leakdown. It's most obvious with cylinders under constant pressure rather than say angle on a plow. They have warrantied out a pole of valves on my L4060 & only 1 is still halfway decent.

I'd say the Grand is pretty nice for just a mobile PTO machine. HST+ isnt as handy for stationary applications. Probably more economical options for just PTO work. On the same front, more than 40hp on the Grand chassis & weight is overkill. It matches traction well. More than 40hp is only useful for high speed roading, especially up hills or on PTO work, especially mowing. I mow & road a lot so wish for more power a bit. Never when plowing or grading though.

/ L6060 finally gets here.
Fallon the cylinders size was what I was talking about being so small, but yes those are small hoses. No experience with a grapple on a tractor before only in excavator but to me the speed suits me.

Thanks for the warning on the hoses, will look at them.

As to location for a tool box will look at the fel mount. My JD had factory installed mount for tool box, right in front of left cab door.

I have never run a bigger rough cut mower than 5 feet and that was run on about 45 hp tractor, engine hp. It handled it fine. I have a 52 inch one can run on my B2710 and unless it is in heavy grass it handles it well also. Heavy grass I think is harder than even heavy brush.

Thanks for the warning on the rear remotes. Will be testing them soon on offset ditch bank flail mower. The tilt of the cutter head is held by the tractor valve and I will test each with that.

I do like the L6060 and it's cab. It should serve my new needs well. Maybe 60 hp in the L size is not the most practical size but this is most likely my last tractor and don't want a whimp. lol

Ran it for about three more hours this afternoon. Getting comfortable with the grapple. Did learn the value of the "stall function".

/ L6060 finally gets here. #24  
Be advised that the L6060 is about 53 PTO HP.

AFAIK, it is the highest HP CUT available with HST transmission (comparable JD model (4066R?) may be rated a couple HP higher), which is the reason why I bought mine, but the 6060 is certainly not a 60-80 HP tractor.

You may well be disappointed if you plan to use one for heavy PTO work or for "towing" in high range.

I use mine mostly for mowing with a Woods BB720X, 6' rough cut mower, and that is all it wants in many conditions.

SDT

Yep, I was/am looking for PTO hp in the 50-75Hp range. The towing vs. HST transmission is one of the things that I'm still needing to figure out as I could see uses for 50+ hp from the PTO while needing the HST transmission (e.g. narrow trenching work)... may just need to wait and see what type of property I can upsize into owning/adding.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #25  
Kenneth,

Forgot to mention a trick to your problem with getting the hydraulics connected. I run everything with skid steer flat face couplers because they are heavy duty and I it gives flexibility between machines. However, they are very difficult to connect, especially when it gets hot outside. But there is a trick the makes them connect with ease.

Step 1- anytime you go to connect or disconnect your 3rd function attachment set it down and shut your tractor off. Turn your key on but don’t start it. Since the 3rd function solenoid is electric this will allow the valve to function without hydro pressure. Cycle your open and close buttons several times each and this will take any pressure out of the system.

Step 2- if you are using flat face couplers like i do, they can still build up pressure especially if out in the sun or when its hot. Best thing you can do is as soon as you disconnect them from your tractor, connect the 2 hoses into each other. This also keeps your ends clean btw.. Since I’ve been doing these 2 steps I’ve never since had an issue with a difficult connector.

One other note, always fully close your grapple before disconnecting because the weight of the that lid will make reconnecting that hose next to impossible. Made that mistake once and ended up having to have my wife hold the button on the 3rd function open while i fought the hose to connect. Huge pain.

But if you shut off your machine, then turn that key back on without starting and cycle that valve several times, that will make all the difference in the world connecting those hoses.

Take care, and God bless. Happy Resurrection Day!

/ L6060 finally gets here. #26  
Fallon the cylinders size was what I was talking about being so small, but yes those are small hoses. No experience with a grapple on a tractor before only in excavator but to me the speed suits me.

Thanks for the warning on the hoses, will look at them.

As to location for a tool box will look at the fel mount. My JD had factory installed mount for tool box, right in front of left cab door.

I have never run a bigger rough cut mower than 5 feet and that was run on about 45 hp tractor, engine hp. It handled it fine. I have a 52 inch one can run on my B2710 and unless it is in heavy grass it handles it well also. Heavy grass I think is harder than even heavy brush.

Thanks for the warning on the rear remotes. Will be testing them soon on offset ditch bank flail mower. The tilt of the cutter head is held by the tractor valve and I will test each with that.

I do like the L6060 and it's cab. It should serve my new needs well. Maybe 60 hp in the L size is not the most practical size but this is most likely my last tractor and don't want a whimp. lol

Ran it for about three more hours this afternoon. Getting comfortable with the grapple. Did learn the value of the "stall function".

Right on regarding heavy grass. Heavy grass mows MUCH harder than tall weeds/brush.

Get into some brome grass that is laying down sometime and you will think you are pulling a snow blower.

SDT

/ L6060 finally gets here. #27  
Kenneth,

Forgot to mention a trick to your problem with getting the hydraulics connected. I run everything with skid steer flat face couplers because they are heavy duty and I it gives flexibility between machines. However, they are very difficult to connect, especially when it gets hot outside. But there is a trick the makes them connect with ease.

Step 1- anytime you go to connect or disconnect your 3rd function attachment set it down and shut your tractor off. Turn your key on but don’t start it. Since the 3rd function solenoid is electric this will allow the valve to function without hydro pressure. Cycle your open and close buttons several times each and this will take any pressure out of the system.

Step 2- if you are using flat face couplers like i do, they can still build up pressure especially if out in the sun or when its hot. Best thing you can do is as soon as you disconnect them from your tractor, connect the 2 hoses into each other. This also keeps your ends clean btw.. Since I’ve been doing these 2 steps I’ve never since had an issue with a difficult connector.

One other note, always fully close your grapple before disconnecting because the weight of the that lid will make reconnecting that hose next to impossible. Made that mistake once and ended up having to have my wife hold the button on the 3rd function open while i fought the hose to connect. Huge pain.

But if you shut off your machine, then turn that key back on without starting and cycle that valve several times, that will make all the difference in the world connecting those hoses.

Take care, and God bless. Happy Resurrection Day!

The 3rd function while off trick often works, but not always. I've picked up a Waite tool from Ken. Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Hydraulic Tools>> Takes a minute or so per fitting, but works well to bleed things (mostly my SSQA snow plow).

/ L6060 finally gets here. #28  
Right on regarding heavy grass. Heavy grass mows MUCH harder than tall weeds/brush.

Get into some brome grass that is laying down sometime and you will think you are pulling a snow blower.

SDT

Heavy brush with 1-2" branches has nothing on 3' of thick lush grass for bringing my L4060 & 7' Peruzzo flail to its knees. I wish I had L6060 for a decent chunk of my mowing with the big flail. 20180509_190632.jpg

/ L6060 finally gets here. #29  
Heavy brush with 1-2" branches has nothing on 3' of thick lush grass for bringing my L4060 & 7' Peruzzo flail to its knees. I wish I had L6060 for a decent chunk of my mowing with the big flail.View attachment 650599

I’m no expert but it seems the moisture content of the grass makes a big difference. I can mow at a good clip whether it’s my 26 hp and 5’ cutter or 54 hp and 6’ cutter in the hills at any speed and never bog. However, I have a bottom (low area) and I have to slow down with either tractor to keep from bogging down. That’s one area the hi/low feature on the HST plus comes in handy.

/ L6060 finally gets here. #30  
The 3rd function while off trick often works, but not always. I've picked up a Waite tool from Ken. Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Hydraulic Tools>> Takes a minute or so per fitting, but works well to bleed things (mostly my SSQA snow plow).

Ill have to look into that tool. But since i started using this process and hundreds of grapple swaps, Ive yet to have another difficult connection here in SW Ohio. I know this may vary other places. By connecting your hose ends to themselves, even if you build pressure from heat or temperature changes, you break some Of that pressure when you disconnect them from each other to connect to your tractor. I do these steps every single time i connect and disconnect and havent had a problem since. Not saying other wont but it has worked well for me.

That tool sure would be handy if you did have problems though. In the past Ive had to disconnect my hose ends to release pressure enough to connect them. What a messy pain in the butt.

With all of that said, I did notice my skid steer was almost always the culprit when it came to the difficult connectors. Not a dig at Kioti, but i don’t think the hydraulic lines held pressure very well. I changed out the quick connects on several of the loader lines and they always seemed to seep. I also use a Titan log grapple to pick up whole tree trunks and hold them at waist height to buck into firewood so i don’t have to bend over and do it on the ground. Speeds up processing firewood drastically and saves my back. However, even with the tractor running, I would have to go back and hit the 3rd function button 2-3 times per tree because the grapple would lose it’s clamping force.

On my skid steer i could grab a tree and clamp down, go have dinner, take a nap, maybe go on vacation, and come back and it would be just as tight as it was when I first closed it. Being facetious of course but i wonder if that could be some of the difference on why i havent had the issues. I started doing these steps after I sold my skid steer and was only swapping attachments on the Kioti. Will be interesting to see what happens with this new Kubota if it holds pressure better.