Liquid in tires

/ Liquid in tires #21  
Yep, water and some type of no freeze around here too. Overall better by far in the long run. If you have a flat with beet juice, have to park it a few months and save up for fuel because the Joose be so high. I mean, you looking down on a cat's back with that. I can fill an Olympic swimming pool with what they spend on beet juice. I can beat that. At the end of ten years, dollar for dollar, against work done, water is the winner. Every house has water. Some old ladies have canned beets.
There is a new product option now besides beet juice. It’s called bio ballast.

/ Liquid in tires #23  
Is it cheaper than water?
I understand you using water due to price. The OP needs to know, though, that there are 2 reasons to use other options.

1) Weight - beet juice (made from sugar beets, not the kind you buy at Wal-Mart) and similar products weigh more than water, so you get more weight in the same space. For safety purposes, more weight is usually better.

2) Anti-freeze - Texas is a big place. There are parts that get much colder than we do up the the NE corner. Water frozen in your tires can damage them to the point they need replacing. Tires are more expensive than beet juice (or alternatives).

The dealerships with whom I have spoken around here tend to use anti-freeze/washer fluid mixed with the water.

/ Liquid in tires #24  
Have your liquid,
I'll stick to iron;
removing weights 2.jpg

to each his own.

/ Liquid in tires #27  
If you add your LOCATION to your T-B-N PROFILE, so it shows with every post your author, you will receive responses germane to your operating conditions.

1. Click on your "illuminated" screen name in upper right corner.

2. Click on SETTINGS in drop down box.

3. On left side of screen, click on ACCOUNT DETAILS.

4. Scroll down to LOCATION.
Some folks don’t put locations in becasue they are of the mistaken impression that it keeps “them” from knowing their personal information.

You are known all over the world by your web presence, unless you have a very good VPN, and I would hazard a guess, that “them” can still track you even with a very good vpn.

I’m pretty bright, but I worked for part of “them”, writing computer code, and there were folks wandering around who made me feel stupid. Dating myself here, but: “The only secure data, is the data on the floppy in your pocket. And, by next week somebody will figure out how to read that.”

You might be able to defeat advertising software. But, if you use the internet at all “Them” know just about everything about you that they want too.

/ Liquid in tires #28  
I tend to find it somewhat humorous some people are so paranoid about letting information out about themselves, when so much info is all ready available if anyone cares to search just a bit.
They are hesitant to put down information even about what state they live in.
When back in the ma bell time almost everyone had a listed phone number that was in the book, that everyone else got.
It had your name road address and phone number. Then on top of that you could order a special phone book sorted by address or phone number.
And then just look at your states public information on the GIS system, your name, the address of the tax bill, the physical location of the plat or lot,
how much the taxes are and when you paid them. Then add in goggle street view if you live close to the road, if not the satellite view is fairly detailed.

But to each his own, I don't worry about but others do.

/ Liquid in tires #29  
No argument there, but: how could you do that anyway? You can't get the valve at the top of the bubble of air inside to let it out, can you?

You take the tire off, lay it on the ground, and fill it completely while it is laying on its side. This never occurred to me, but read a post here a while back where apparently this was done by someone who did not understand filling should not be 100 percent.

If there is a will, there is a way...LOL

/ Liquid in tires #30  
Yes, but, even if you lay it on its side, the valve isn't right on a sidewall. It's somewhat toward the hub.

If there's a will, there's a way, yes -- I'd mount the tire on the rim submerged in a swimming pool....