Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor..

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #11  
Yep. I buy well worn. Not much depreciation left lol
I bought one new tractor. Never again.
Only thing I will buy new is my primary driver truck or maybe a tractor attachment.

In my 35 years experience, it aint the tractor, it’s the attachments.
Agreed on new attachments. I've been poor or cheap enough most my life to appreciate a bargain. I have more than a few times bought last years new model truck or car. At my age I can buy both used (4 yr old MX tractor had 150 hrs on it) and not worry too much about wearing anything out lol.
Bought a new SS brush hog top of the line from RUT for the Bobcat 773 last season

Last edited:
   / Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor..
Yep. I buy well worn. Not much depreciation left lol
I bought one new tractor. Never again.
Only thing I will buy new is my primary driver truck or maybe a tractor attachment.

In my 35 years experience, it aint the tractor, it’s the attachments.
You you do 2000 big squares a year? I get the need for big equipment, I do 100-120 5x5’s. But I plumb about 75 houses a year.. lol so fitting in the 120 bales in between work and weather sucks.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #13  
You you do 2000 big squares a year? I get the need for big equipment, I do 100-120 5x5’s. But I plumb about 75 houses a year.. lol so fitting in the 120 bales in between work and weather sucks.

I also do a lot of off farm work. We do about 1/4 million in property maintenance/yr.
Takes a lot of time, so I buy large, fast equipment to get the hay baled & stored fast.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #14  
Until it breaks.

A 556 baler and 4715 mower would look silly behind a 150hp tractor…lol
Definitely don’t want that high of hours on newer equipment. Dang computer goes out and it’s $3-6k
Hell here‘s a guy running a small square baler and a wagon behind a Maxxum with a 5.9L Cummins. See that all the time. Tractor like this would last you forever and cost way less.

1701983548862.png

Why would i get an older tractor than what i got? You got old ac equipment, rubber seals that are worn, wire sheathing getting brittle giving small parasitic draws, worn out pins…and someone else’s funk for 3-4000 hours.

why do think its up for sale? Cause he wants to bless us with good used equipment? You get rid of your s@@t before you have to work on it In major ways. I’m not looking for cheap HP, i want newer stuff..i can depreciate. Then sale to people that like old equipment. In 20 years i lost $15k on a tractor. That’s a cheap lease, plus the depreciation. Less than that if i wanted to sell privately.

in high hp scenarios where you cant be the big producer that depreciates extremely expensive equipment there is a good used market for it, cause it’s expensive to fix and hard to diagnose potential issues when buying, thats why they dump them. Now if your a good diesel tech and have plenty of time, sure, or you have crew that consists of techs and a field truck.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #16  
Why would i get an older tractor than what i got? You got old ac equipment, rubber seals that are worn, wire sheathing getting brittle giving small parasitic draws, worn out pins…and someone else’s funk for 3-4000 hours.

why do think its up for sale? Cause he wants to bless us with good used equipment? You get rid of your s@@t before you have to work on it In major ways. I’m not looking for cheap HP, i want newer stuff..i can depreciate. Then sale to people that like old equipment. In 20 years i lost $15k on a tractor. That’s a cheap lease, plus the depreciation. Less than that if i wanted to sell privately.

in high hp scenarios where you cant be the big producer that depreciates extremely expensive equipment there is a good used market for it, cause it’s expensive to fix and hard to diagnose potential issues when buying, thats why they dump them. Now if your a good diesel tech and have plenty of time, sure, or you have crew that consists of techs and a field truck.
Try not to be so optimistic. lol

Why does everyone keep saying that??

All kidding aside, the deal is great. Like $15-20k better than all the dealers I’ve been pricing with..

what is stopping me? The tractor is a 2021 according to the back plate. Brazil made.

Went there Thursday dead battery 9.3 hours on the clock..went there yesterday and it sat there idling and has 12.7 hr. Just idled for 3 hours. Engine oil has to be ripe with diesel. paper filters really need changed after close to 3 years.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #19  

I agree with you but these guys like to argue and there opinion is the correct one in there opinion.

Argue? Is there a new vs old thing here? I think that the guys that like/need high hp almost have to buy used. The stuff is dumb expensive. I just dont like the headache of buying used…i like to make good used equipment. Like my 20 year old massey, it’s been highly maintained and only has 1650 hr. But it is it is 20 years old and will eventually need stuff, rubber and plastic is the weakest part of machinery and does not age well regardless of how well it’s maintained. O rings and shaft seals, from the pto all the way to the ac compressor. Nothing mechanical ages well.
lol, but i didnt realize that was happening.