Comparison M5140

/ M5140 #21  
Bigbull is spot on the price. Just for yucks I configured it the the loader, quick connect, standard bucket on the HST and the list was 28,900. You should be able to get the dealer to come off that price. Go to the Kubota site and play around with the build your tractor configurator. I highly recommend that you get the SSQA as it is great and not that expensive. He, the dealer should throw in the loader guide rod and rear work light. Foldable RPS are another option that I recommend as opposed to the fixed height ones. The HD round back bucket is considerably heavier duty that the standard. If you are going to do any digging with it, its is a good investment, and also an after market toothbar. I was told by a friend that the tier 4 emissions added about $3,000 to the price, so your dealer is giving you what appears to be a great deal. If you are going to use the loader you will need more rear end weight. I hang a set of 900 lb. lift harrows or my RO box blade (710 lbs.) on the hitch when I am using the loader. It greatly improves traction and makes it safer. With a full bucket and nothing on the rear the tractor is "tippy". Have fun planning your new acquisition.

/ M5140 #22  
I just purchased the M5140HD with the 1153 loader and R4 tires. Msrp was $34,838. The dealer let me have it for $29,500. I also had the rear tires loaded for $250. Also, bought the 6' Land Pride cutter. One reason I purchased it sooner than I planned, was because the Tier 4 engine will soon be on the lots. I did not want that ! I considered the M6040; however, the only difference that I could see was about 10 hp and $1600. The next step up was the M7040 which I did consider. It has about 20 more HP, Limited slip front end, and $3160 more in price. I have wondered if I should have gone with the M7040; but, at this stage I am very pleased with the M5140. I really don't need a more powerful tractor than the M5140 since I'm doing fairly light work. I did spend quite a bit of time, studying the engines in both tractors. Both run very smooth with little vibration. The M7040 engine did have a resonance at 1000 rpm that could be felt in the steering wheel and through out the whole tractor; however, when the RPM was increased, it went away. I don't think this would be a big deal! I believe both tractors would be a great investment, I am pleased so far with the M5140.

/ M5140 #23  
Congratulations, I hope you get a lot of service and years from your 5140. I noticed that you have an L2550. Are you keeping it? I had an L2900, but sold it after I bought the MX5100. I loved that tractor, it performed flawlessly for 15 years and was the real reason I stayed with Kubota. So far I am glad that I did. I have 200 hours on it now and it has been great. The only gripes that I have are the noise, HST and turbo whine, and there is no idiot light to remind me to release the brakes!

/ M5140 #24  
i guess im just an old farmer because the noise from the motor HST or turbo doesnt bother me.if the noise isnt right then i know something is wrong.

/ M5140
I got a price today on a MX5100DT, fel, 4x4, of $25680 with 0% finance. Is this good?