Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #221  
I wish that I could make my wood fall in a neat pile like that, mine is always all over the place lol. What is that attached to your 3pt? I'm thinking that i can build a saw carrier and attach it to the grab handle placing the saw between the FEL frame and the knee shield.

Haha, yeah I wish I could make it fall in a pile like that as well. Would save a lot of time. My wife and I spend many hours processing, stacking, then later on moving and restacking our firewood.

It's a wood winch! It's a Fransård V-4021. 8.8k lbs of line pull and 164' of 3/8 cable. I just purchased it a couple months ago after wanting one for pretty much all of my adult life. It has very quickly become my favorite and most-valued implement by far. It has made logging for firewood on our steep mountainside property much easier and safer, while significantly reducing strain on the tractor by using the winch to skid logs instead of the tractor's driveline.

20220530_111215.jpg

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #222  
Haha, yeah I wish I could make it fall in a pile like that as well. Would save a lot of time. My wife and I spend many hours processing, stacking, then later on moving and restacking our firewood.

It's a wood winch! It's a Fransård V-4021. 8.8k lbs of line pull and 164' of 3/8 cable. I just purchased it a couple months ago after wanting one for pretty much all of my adult life. It has very quickly become my favorite and most-valued implement by far. It has made logging for firewood on our steep mountainside property much easier and safer, while significantly reducing strain on the tractor by using the winch to skid logs instead of the tractor's driveline.

View attachment 749126

that looks a lot safer than my method lol

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #223  
that looks a lot safer than my method lol

Eh, you've got to work with what you've got. If I had a grapple I'd likely be using the same method as you. This spring I decided that I was going to buy one expensive implement ($3.5k+) for my 4540, either a grapple or a wood winch. I ultimately decided on the wood winch, as it's better suited for working the steep grades on our property compared to the grapple. I don't like carrying stuff with the loader while traveling on hills, just had too many close calls with instability.

There are a lot of days when I wish I had a grapple, though. The 5155 is much more stable on hills compared to the 4540, and I feel like it would handle a grapple without much issue. Maybe next year I'll buy one...

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #224  
Eh, you've got to work with what you've got. If I had a grapple I'd likely be using the same method as you. This past spring I decided that I was going to buy one expensive implement ($3.5k+) for my 4540, either a grapple or a wood winch. I ultimately decided on the wood winch, as it's better suited for working the steep grades on our property compared to the grapple. I don't like carrying stuff with the loader while traveling on hills, just had too many close calls with instability.

There are a lot of days when I wish I had a grapple, though. The 5155 is much more stable on hills compared to the 4540, and I feel like it would handle a grapple without much issue. Maybe next year I'll buy one...
lol looking at the video, I do not have that much elevation change across my property and the next 3 miles in any direction. so different tools for different needs. I love my grapple but if i was living where you are I would have gone turbo and winch instead of grapple and non-turbo.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #225  
I also have the skidding/logging/forestry/wood winch on my 5155. It is a KRPAN 4.5E. Just got it and haven't gotten to the PTO shaft adjustment, if needed. Still working on installing a W.R. Long third function.
On my 4550, I had the smaller KRPAN 3.5E which is good for a tractor 25-45 hp. It worked so great for pulling logs to the tractor even up steep hills that I wanted one on the back of my new 5155. The old one is available for $2100 - see photo.

Also, the 5155 is 97" high and my garage is 95: high. So, cut down the height of the ROPS by 5" to allow for a future canopy. See photo of original work not yet cleaned and painted.

Attachments

• Logging winch2.jpg
    Logging winch2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 122
  • Logging winch5.jpg
    Logging winch5.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 87
  • 5155 ROPS lowering photo.jpg
    5155 ROPS lowering photo.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • KRPAN 4.5E photo.jpg
    KRPAN 4.5E photo.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #226  
I also have the skidding/logging/forestry/wood winch on my 5155. It is a KRPAN 4.5E. Just got it and haven't gotten to the PTO shaft adjustment, if needed. Still working on installing a W.R. Long third function.
On my 4550, I had the smaller KRPAN 3.5E which is good for a tractor 25-45 hp. It worked so great for pulling logs to the tractor even up steep hills that I wanted one on the back of my new 5155. The old one is available for $2100 - see photo.

Also, the 5155 is 97" high and my garage is 95: high. So, cut down the height of the ROPS by 5" to allow for a future canopy. See photo of original work not yet cleaned and painted.

Nice winch! Yeah, it's amazing how hard they pull. Exceeded my expectations for sure.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #227  

nice solution for the rops, my tractor is stored in the dirt floored carport / tractor shed so my solution will be to lower the floor, or build a new shed.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
so sad day, I broke my tractor. The dealer is picking it up saturday. something broke in the front driveline. I will follow up after the dealer inspects it.
Any word yet on what failed on your tractor?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #230  
I just went by the dealer ( great guys btw) and there is something broken in my front axel.

Attachments

• 04C52610-D783-4869-A400-4A8A11B01174.jpeg
    04C52610-D783-4869-A400-4A8A11B01174.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101
  • 2525EBF8-87CC-4456-A13C-1878A66E7C95.jpeg
    2525EBF8-87CC-4456-A13C-1878A66E7C95.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 102
  • 5DC1C2C8-C447-4435-AF20-CEAD93F083CB.jpeg
    5DC1C2C8-C447-4435-AF20-CEAD93F083CB.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 135