Massey 2660HD rear brake issue

/ Massey 2660HD rear brake issue
They were planning to disconnect it but considering they received an entirely new brake system I’m not 100% sure how it ended up. I’ll know more Monday. If the brakes are fixed now then the final issue is to resolve the window washers front and rear. For some reason neither work but hoping just a fuse or something. I think I can address this on my own. The new seat frame I made and new seat I installed are super comfortable and work like a charm. Should be almost there now provided brakes are as good as they say.

I started out about $2500 under what I thought the tractor was worth and now I’m gonna be about $2500-3k over what it’s worth. Lol

But it’s a very low hour unit and looks like new provided I get everything working correctly. Also, I love the Perkins engine and tranny combo. They work great together and are super powerful without all the newer emissions garbage.

/ Massey 2660HD rear brake issue #73  
I have forgotten -- did you get the 12 speed shuttle or the 8 speed ? One thing I do wish for at times is the 12 speed as mine is 8. The reason is all too often (especially bush hogging a large field) I'm wanting to shift up or down and have to stop and switch ranges (low or high) which is not synchronized. With a 12 sp I would have just the right extra flexibility to avoid that I think.

I have the 12 but think all cab versions may have come with this as a standard option.

/ Massey 2660HD rear brake issue #75  
I was really aiming for a rops but I got a lead on a barn kept 2670 HD with a DL280 loader and CAH 1100 hours for 20k. I'm having a real hard time not pulling the trigger

Attachments

• 00G0G_ggjcrIuhI5Fz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg
    00G0G_ggjcrIuhI5Fz_0jm0ew_600x450.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 49
Holy cow! Pull pull. Lol

That is a very low price. Around here that tractor would be 30-35k. Have you ran it yet? I would find out what year it is. If it’s a 2010-2011 model you need to confirm if the brake upgrade has been completed or not. But at 20k with those hours you have room to do some repairs if required.

/ Massey 2660HD rear brake issue #78  
its a 2012 i believe. its 1000 miles away so i would be buying sight unseen (although i do plan on prodding the owner) and having it shipped. we dont have much to pick from as far as used tractors go here in Maine. Theres certainly no "deals" up here.

Yeah in that case I would definitely want to talk to him on the phone for sure. Good luck with it and let us know how it turns out. Mine is supposed to arrive back home today so look forward to trying it out.

/ Massey 2660HD rear brake issue #80  
Yeah in that case I would definitely want to talk to him on the phone for sure. Good luck with it and let us know how it turns out. Mine is supposed to arrive back home today so look forward to trying it out.
keep us posted. i did quite a bit of 26xx HD series hunting on the board and follow this thread pretty tight. Ive also combed through all of JWR's posts relating to these tractors.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR