MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #132  
Was moving dirt today when all of the sudden my loader started going down all by itself. This was crazy looking. You can see in the photos that the loader sub frame View attachment 802798 gave way on both sides. It appears to be either bad welds or cheap metal. Either way, it’s nuts that it would do this with only 140 hours on it.
Have seen similar failure happen when transporting a bucket load at a fast speed over long distances, and bouncing along while stressing the steel frame as well as the weldments.
No clue if this may have taken place but seeing the construction area in the background may be an indication that this little tractor was not the right tool for a landscaping crew.
Not built to take the place of a skid steer. Good luck with some warranty fix.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #133  
It sucks, but even if it isn't a warranty issue, (without spending too much effort, seems like it's 2 year warranty, idk) once everything is off the tractor; remove the supports that broke and stayed on; clean/inspect/reweld/repaint or find the cost od just that support from Agco. I wouldn't go spending thousands on brand new parts, if not covered by the warranty. MF is 2 years/6 years; right?

Last edited:
   / MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #134  
Sounds like a dealer problem with a 140 hours on it good thing nobody got hurt!

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #135  
Have seen similar failure happen when transporting a bucket load at a fast speed over long distances, and bouncing along while stressing the steel frame as well as the weldments.
No clue if this may have taken place but seeing the construction area in the background may be an indication that this little tractor was not the right tool for a landscaping crew.
Not built to take the place of a skid steer. Good luck with some warranty fix.
So I'm not saying Kubota is any better, but I have made 1 mile of bush road up two very steep hills on my property. I did it by hauling one bucket a time with my 2013 B2620. 330 tonnes of pit run and crushed 7/8's gravel. Bouncing back and forth for several days. I have yet to have a single failure with that machine or loader.

So me, I would EXPECT a tractor as big as the OP's to be overbuilt enough to withstand at least a little bit of abuse in 140 hours.
I would also expect to have front axle or seal problems before it ever got to the point of the loader SNAPPING OFF!

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #136  
For those that seem to believe that Kubota never breaks, well, Kubota loader mounts break too.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #137  
This is the first Massey Ferguson I have seen fail like that.

I have recently just seen a couple posts of the new B2601 backhoes breaking off.

Must be all that good steel the $6000 price increases were needed for, LOL

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #138  
I wouldn't trust those anymore even if welded, personally.. I would, however, be temped to reinforce any replacements.
I agree but from the limited pictures, I think it's a very poor design fault. The entire load appears to be transferred to that 4"x4" sq tube that's at a extreme mechanical disadvantage from what's essentially a difficult highly leveraged rotational load.
Clearly under sized for these loads to be transferred to such a small cross section.
I'd look around for a group or forum of model specific "talk" to investigate others experiences with this tractor/loader .

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #139  
The one good thing about it, is at least it did not damage the tractor body or take out the windshield. (or the operator!)

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #140  
No excuse for a tractor with so few hours to fall apart. I stick with Older John Deeres, don't have these problems and NO computers.

To be fair, old machines that may have failed like this did it long ago, they're not just falling apart 40 years later.