MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #52  
Sad part is, even if they warranty this they'll just stick the same one back on again and it'll be prone to the same problem. Absolutely ridiculous.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #53  
Dang! I was interested in buying one of those new all-Iseki Massey’s. Not anymore! I have noticed the Kubota loaders use a lot more steel in their designs so I’ll probably be going orange.

What's crazy is that the 1800E machines use a tubular setup, as on the OP's friends tractor. A quick Google image search, looking at them side-by-side, I don't know why they don't both use similar mounts.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor
I am assuming it is broke on one side not both? I cannot say for sure but this had to be bad from new small crack to start with and took a while to work its way down and finally failed? It is fixable with proper grinding and i would put in plates on both sides for more support and do the same to the other side. Going to take some welding and repositioning, If i was close i could
help you fix it !
I can fix it if the won’t warranty it. But the fact that this is the weak link is sort of nuts. Both failed. Same place. The welds don’t look like they burned through.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #55  
You get what you pay for.

Please, enlighten us and expand on this comment. Did OP buy a cheap product? Did he purchase an entry level machine? What about a Massey 1835M is inherently inferior to the other machines in this class?

I guess he should have purchased [your favored brand].

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor
Man, I'm sorry this happened. You seem a lot more calm about it than I would be. I am in the same camp with those that think MF will warranty it. Bad customer relations spreads like wild fire. It would be bad for business not to deal with this.
I’m not too worried. I can fix it if needed but I’d use better steel. But MF would be wise to fix this before I feel the need to escalate it.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #57  
Please, enlighten us and expand on this comment. Did OP buy a cheap product? Did he purchase an entry level machine? What about a Massey 1835M is inherently inferior to the other machines in this class?

I guess he should have purchased [your favored brand].
I guess he should have purchased [a Yanmar].:ROFLMAO:

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #58  
Those frame assemblies are probably shipped in from China. That older/rusted area at the top is the area with the most load when carrying material with the bucket and hitting some bumps along a traveled area. Looks like it came that way and covered with black paint. Yellow is nice, cracks are easier to see.
Automated production and not enough inspection.
Someone mentioned that the hydraulic relief valves are not used except when the lever is pulled. I haven’t seen the valves on this machine model but all the ones I have worked on in the last 55 years had circuit design with relief valves being in the circuit at all times. Kinda useless otherwise.
All in all that is a defect that they should jump on!!

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #59  
It would be interesting to see if the current frames are made differently. The sticker on that one says REV2. Are they perhaps up to REV3 or REV4?

Also, wonder if the welds would be the same on the broken and new frames. As in, were some missed on the broken frame?

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #60  
Someone mentioned that the hydraulic relief valves are not used except when the lever is pulled. I haven’t seen the valves on this machine model but all the ones I have worked on in the last 55 years had circuit design with relief valves being in the circuit at all times. Kinda useless otherwise.
Interesting. Do you happen to have a diagram how this works? I always thought when the spool is centered it closes all other ports off so no way for the relief to work.