Model A Ford.... I keep threatening.....

/ Model A Ford.... I keep threatening..... #61  
   / Model A Ford.... I keep threatening..... #62  
A little bigger and newer than a Model A. Took several years to restore but was a fun project. Driving it is like stepping back in time.

Attachments

• 7564EA40-8D18-4A16-8EE0-E7C96FBA9AE2.jpeg
    7564EA40-8D18-4A16-8EE0-E7C96FBA9AE2.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 82
  • E913A0AF-3FF3-4A83-927F-F6FFB7CA21B0.jpeg
    E913A0AF-3FF3-4A83-927F-F6FFB7CA21B0.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 83
   / Model A Ford.... I keep threatening.....
First in class was very well sorted and lots of back and forth.

It was restored as a club project and originally entered in the commercial class as AA stake side.

It had sealed beam headlights and a 12 volt electrical system and it was out of the running and Modesto A's none to happy until bumped to modified...
Big Field like that, # 2 carries a lot of weight - well done (y) .

Rgds, D.

A little bigger and newer than a Model A. Took several years to restore but was a fun project. Driving it is like stepping back in time.
The closest we get, to an actual Time Machine :) .

What would have been the factory Payload Rating on that Ford ?

Rgds, D.

/ Model A Ford.... I keep threatening..... #66  
The closest we get, to an actual Time Machine :) .

What would have been the factory Payload Rating on that Ford ?

Rgds, D.
The tag on the glove box door says 12,500 GVW and the truck weighs about 5300lbs.

/ Model A Ford.... I keep threatening..... #67  
The tag on the glove box door says 12,500 GVW and the truck weighs about 5300lbs.
That's a nice truck. 👍

This was my father's KB5 the day that he sold it, about 10 years ago. It did a lot of work for him in the 50 years that he owned it. The last time I knew it was sitting in a gravel pit rotting away.

Attachments

• International_side.JPG
    International_side.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 79
   / Model A Ford.... I keep threatening..... #68  
That's a nice truck. 👍

This was my father's KB5 the day that he sold it, about 10 years ago. It did a lot of work for him in the 50 years that he owned it. The last time I knew it was sitting in a gravel pit rotting away.
Gotta love the old trucks! That truck deserves better than to be wasting away in a gravel pit. Do you recall the manufacturer of the dump body?

Good capacity, and I'm sure it earned it's keep well.

Rgds, D.

/ Model A Ford.... I keep threatening..... #70  
Gotta love the old trucks! That truck deserves better than to be wasting away in a gravel pit.
I agree. It got to the point where my father couldn't keep it running, yet another victim of his Alzheimer's. A friend offered to buy it and originally was going to fix it up, but it must have needed too much work. Now they both are gone. I thought briefly about trying to buy it back but have no idea where it is; and most likely is full of bullet holes by now. :(