More hydraulics on my 4100 Hydro

/ More hydraulics on my 4100 Hydro #1  

GaryM

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4100 Hydro
Anyone have any ideas on what it might cost to add hydraulic outlets on the rear of my 4100?

I'd like to be able to add/use a top and tilt on the 3PH. I'm thinking maybe outlets at the rear with QD and maybe a push button on the existing joystick so the control for my loader could divert power to the rear outlets.

I'm prepared to be shocked.:eek:

I'd want it all installed and operational, not just a parts kit.

/ More hydraulics on my 4100 Hydro #2  
Since you are prepared to be shocked and want it installed for you, that leaves you with basically only one option. You are at the mercy of your local dealer. I believe you can get parts pricing from the JD website. Then figure in your dealers hourly labor charge to install.

Or you can simply give the dealer's service department a call, but only while sitting down.:D

/ More hydraulics on my 4100 Hydro
I probably should have made a deal when I bought the unit a few years back, but at the time I was fighting for a tractor and my wife wanted me to get a riding mower. So adding a bunch of $$$ at that time wasn't an option. What do they say, "pay me now or pay me later!"

I'm not certain exactly what parts would be required, so will be dependant on the dealer for that.

I've never felt a need for top and tilt before, but have recently been working on our subdivision roads and it's "get off the tractor and adjust the tilt of the box blade, blade a little, then get off again and make more adjustments" I'm now a believer!

/ More hydraulics on my 4100 Hydro #4  
Gary, I added 2 remotes to the rear of my 4110, essentially the same machine as your 4100.
My total price was about $500 for parts, labor was free. I guess if you paid a dealer it would be in the $750 to $1000 range, if he even want to take on the project.

You can view my project here:
http://www.tractorbynet.com//forums/showthread.php?t=69599

Please feel free to ask me any more questions...

Oh by the way, there is on cheaper alternative, but you must answer this: Do you have a FEL and is it installed when your are maintaining the roads?

/ More hydraulics on my 4100 Hydro #5  
Yep Gary,M, KennyD's thread is very good. when i was going to install some additional Hyraul's i really reviewed it hard. Very informative.

OK, I read the thread and now am a little smarter than I was. :D

I went to see the dealer on Saturday and we did some research in the books. It looks as though a Power beyond kit along with a ROPS mounted valve is the way to go. Maybe the dealer read the same thread? There is a four outlet QD kit shown in the book, but it's no longer available. And it doesn't have any valves anyway. Just a bracket with four QDs.

He's supposed to come up with a price complete with install for the following:

PB kit installed and a dual valve with QD mounted at the ROPS

Above with the addition of a hyd cylinder to replace the tilt turnbuckle

All above with a hyd cylinder to repalce the upper 3pt link.

Depending on how the prices are, I'll go as far as I can at the time. I'd at least like to get the PB kit and valve installed.

I currently have a Pat's Hitch installed and it makes it relativly easy to hook up implements. A hyd differental on one draft are would make it even easier! ;)

/ More hydraulics on my 4100 Hydro #7  
There is a four outlet QD kit shown in the book, but it's no longer available. And it doesn't have any valves anyway. Just a bracket with four QDs.

Yes, That's why I asked if you use your loader...That kit is just four hoses that run from the front QD's to the rear. Completly usless if you use your loader!

/ More hydraulics on my 4100 Hydro #8  
Good and keep us informed.

/ More hydraulics on my 4100 Hydro #9  
Good Luck that is.

Dealer called Friday and left a message. I called this morning to confirm the details.

Price is $1050 :(

That's the power beyond kit, a double selector valve, a mount for the bracket in the vicinity of the ROPS, and four QD's mounted on the valve.

Installation time/labor is included.

It does not include cylinders and hoses to replace the top link and adjustable side link.

I don't know what those will cost, but they are something I could obtain and install myself. :D

If my finance manager, wife, says OK I think I'll have the parts ordered and installed. Then I can add the cylinders and hoses as I can.

Price is higher than I'd like, but lower than I'd feared.