Moving up - L3240 or L3940

/ Moving up - L3240 or L3940 #21  
Congratulations on the new tractor,I think you made the right choice :thumbsup:

/ Moving up - L3240 or L3940 #23  
congrats on your new tractor.

/ Moving up - L3240 or L3940 #24  
Congrats and good choice. I also own a 3940 and I'm extreamly happy with my purchase...almost 50 hours now. I'm interested in having a thumb or a rock grappel so keep us posted with pics so we can drool.

ForumRunner_20120410_122209.png

/ Moving up - L3240 or L3940 #25  
Well the wait begins. Tires on the way and third function valve on back order. Gonna be a long week.

Congrats! I bought a similar machine and you guessed it, 3rd function is on back order until May 23rd! Dealer agreed to lend me some hoses for the rear remotes to run the grapple bucket on mine until the 3rd function comes in.

/ Moving up - L3240 or L3940
Thanks guys. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Good point Mike. I knew from searches on here that this could be a problem. A friend of mine a couple of counties over has the third function on his tractor and doesn't have a problem with it. He's had it approx 4-5 months so that gives me hope that not all of these act up. Also my dealer said they have had these valves on order since Feb and believe they are waiting on the manufacturer. So the optimist in me is hoping maybe Kubota is addressing the issue and has stopped delivering faulty valves and new/improved valves are on the way. I'll let you know how that fantasy goes

Just wanted to update on the third function valve operation on my grapple. Went with Kubota's third function and have put 8-10 hours on it and it's functioning flawlessly. One thing that seems off but might be normal is the top button close the grapple and the bottom one opens it. Just seems counter-intuitive to me. Might look into having these button functions switched. Any one else with the Kubota third function have it wired this way? Is there a right or wrong way?

/ Moving up - L3240 or L3940 #27  
just swap the hoses when you hook up the grapple and it will reverse the button functions, there is no "right or wrong" I put colored zip ties on mine so I would hook it up the same every time, or you could put 1 ea. male & female QDs on the hoses and tractor to make it "dummy proof"