Mower Deck Storage Stand

/ Mower Deck Storage Stand #31  
I am in process of building a mower deck rack and was curious as to how you held the axles from moving in the gage wheel holder? Your reply would be appreciated. Thanks..

I simply drilled a hole in the axle where I wanted it to be, matching the latch pin for the height adjustment of the gage wheels.

I'll add, what a great tool. Now my mower deck takes up minimal space and can be stored in the shop where it belongs rather than sitting outside. Such a simple build and yet so very useable and productive. :)

/ Mower Deck Storage Stand #32  
I also built a set of deck wheel dollies for my older JD 60" deck, much like the set up in post #4...
Two lengths of 1 1/4" OD tube about 16" long
Two lengths of 1/2" hot rolled bar stock..
Four old walk behind mower wheels 5 or 6" diameter..
A little time with a band saw, drill press, and some bent nails for cotter pins..
Washers and two hair pin clips..

Total about $6 and a little time..
Not pretty, but useful..
Besides, in the back corner of the garage, no one else sees it..

Good luck..

/ Mower Deck Storage Stand #33  
Does anyone have any idea as to what to use for a 1" diameter axle on a JD 60D mower deck? All of the 3/4"steel pipe and conduit are over 1" in diameter...

/ Mower Deck Storage Stand #34  
Does anyone have any idea as to what to use for a 1" diameter axle on a JD 60D mower deck? All of the 3/4"steel pipe and conduit are over 1" in diameter...
I simply used 1" solid round stock and turned the ends down to my bearing diameter for two wheels on the one axle. A simple job for any machine shop. Or you could shop around for 1" DOM (drawn over mandrel) tubing.
Casters on one axle are nice too while you're at it. Deck caster1.jpg

/ Mower Deck Storage Stand #35  

Pipe is generally measured on the inside. Solid stock is generally measured on the outside. So to get 1" diameter material, you'll probably hafta go to solid stock.

/ Mower Deck Storage Stand
Does anyone have any idea as to what to use for a 1" diameter axle on a JD 60D mower deck? All of the 3/4"steel pipe and are over 1" in diameter...

A 3/4" pipe should be 1.05" outside diameter. You could just grind a little on the end you are putting into the deck tube.

/ Mower Deck Storage Stand #37  

This is what I did for mine:
IMG_20130209_125225_519.jpgIMG_20130209_125454_132.jpgIMG_20130209_125501_466.jpg

The only machining required was to round off the corners of the four nuts so that they slide into the mount on the deck. The gap between the two sets of nuts let me use the height adjusters to prevent the axle from sliding out.

The components are 5/8 threaded rod and 1/2" galvanized pipe.

I've used this for three years with no problems at all.
Hope this helps.
Dale