Must remove the hitch?

/ Must remove the hitch? #21  
IL was foolish enough to write such a nonsense bill, and it never passed. Your company, by requesting the employees "comply with said provisions" probably opened themselves up to a lawsuit. If someone bruises another shin in the future, they will file a suit saying they were not kept safe according to the company's mandate. The truck owner will file suit stating they were following the laws as is. And the company, with the deepest pockets, will be left holding the bag. They should have kept their nose out of it. Do they also want all tow mirrors folded in when parked? That seems to be a more likely cause for injury to the seeing impaired.

/ Must remove the hitch? #22  
too many people chasing pc issues to concern themselves about personal responsability.. they are always looking for someone else to be at fault..

/ Must remove the hitch? #23  
A more effective policy might be to have people put their cell phones in a pocket while traversing the lot.

/ Must remove the hitch? #24  
You can make things idiot proof, but there will shortly be a better class of idiot along.

/ Must remove the hitch? #25  
A few years ago I lifted a case of 24 beer out of the box over the tailgate and tripped on the receiver hitch, fell on my face on the beer and only broke 18. No big deal. Just bought another case , learned another life lesson and moved on. Still keep the receiver in.
Al

/ Must remove the hitch? #26  
I think Al's story is inspirational. :)

/ Must remove the hitch? #27  
A few years ago I lifted a case of 24 beer out of the box over the tailgate and tripped on the receiver hitch, fell on my face on the beer and only broke 18. No big deal. Just bought another case , learned another life lesson and moved on. Still keep the receiver in.
Al

Who cares about shins, you lost 18 beers? OMG.

/ Must remove the hitch? #28  
If you are not towing something the draw bar should be removed..I see trucks everywhere with rotted balls..How is that benficial to anything except laziness?.....

That's fine..Mine come out the minute I'm done with them..I agree with DP on virtually nothing except this. :drink:

/ Must remove the hitch? #29  
i'm not sure i see the relationship between rotted balls and drawbars installed.

/ Must remove the hitch? #30  
I knew a guy that made a round bale spear hoist thing in the back of his truck. He could back up to a bale, crank the hoist, drive off with a bale. Cool idea except the spear always stuck out of the back of his truck at face level when parked. So, picture you walking through the parking lot at night, watching out for drawbars, when you hit your face on the spear. I had a short discussion with him and he had it fixed the next day.

I don't like hitting my shin on my hitch, or anybody else's hitch, so I remove mine.