My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,321  
That line bringing propane into the house is huge. My propane comes into the house-side regulator through like a 3/8" OD copper line. Curious if you oversized it for some reason or that's just the convenient piping available or what?

Because it runs 10-12 lbs from stage 1 to stage 2 3/8 coper is usually big enough. For poly the smallest they make is 1/2. The cost difference from 1/2 to 3/4 was minimal and if I ever want to branch off that line for a big propane grill in the back or a propane generator it will handle it, no problem. As for the 3/4 line from stage 2 into the house, Originally we were doing a pro style stove. 30 inch so 1/2 would have met apecs but just barely, but I want to have the capacity for future renovation to a larger oven. I dont think it will ever be needed, but ripping out the walls to run a new bigger gas line would be bad.
But yes, 3/4 poly from tank to stage 2 gives me something like 1.2 million btu

#4,323  
First off, I failed the final inspection. The issues he cited are minimal and I will have them back out here early next week to re-inspect. But he also mentioned some issues with my Health department paperwork for septic. I had issues with that last year but it should have been resolved.
So My list is
trim on corners of house so that you cant see the housewrap where the two pieces of siding come together.
Two small pieces of siding that never got put up(I was working on those yesterday but we had a surprise hailstorm.
anti-tip bracket for oven.
I missed one window when I was insulating (already fixed that)
Put two cover plates on light boxes that dont have a light, in the unfinished bathroom

#4,325  
It's always something with inspections, it seems. At least you left a few small things for them to find so they didn't have to make something up :)

I tried to take that attitude as it was happening. I didn’t feel he was being unreasonable and I am sure there would have been plenty of opportunity to give me pain if that was the objective. So a quick fix this weekend on some things that need to be done anyway. The engineering inspection also happened today. There were a couple issues with my swale because there are some spots that don’t have grass and there has been some rain damage. It has been minimal because we have been successful at getting switchgrass and rye to grow above it. He took his pictures back to the head guy…Just got a call from him, and they are approving it. So according to the paperwork they checked approve on everything even though they want me to correct some things and want to verify next week.
I just need to verify that everything is good with the Well and Septic paper trail and I think next week we are renting a truck with a lift.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,326  
So about a day's work?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,327  
First off, I failed the final inspection. The issues he cited are minimal and I will have them back out here early next week to re-inspect. But he also mentioned some issues with my Health department paperwork for septic. I had issues with that last year but it should have been resolved.
So My list is
trim on corners of house so that you cant see the housewrap where the two pieces of siding come together.
Two small pieces of siding that never got put up(I was working on those yesterday but we had a surprise hailstorm.
anti-tip bracket for oven.
I missed one window when I was insulating (already fixed that)
Put two cover plates on light boxes that dont have a light, in the unfinished bathroom

That doesn’t sound too bad.
I don’t have the anti tip on my stove.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,328  
We have been making a big push. I finally had time to do a little editing.

I have enjoyed watching you guys! While there are things I would do different, with enough work you can (and have) make it turn out great. I try to watch, admire, and not say much. HOWEVER: dude, your girl looks great!!!!!! How good that has to feel. I couldn't be happier for all of you, may your pleasures be many, your troubles be few.

Best,

ed

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,329  
At the finish line! Great to hear, David! I had a few similar items on my final that were pretty minor so he just let me do them on my own and didn't want to come back to verify. Most of them were legit and none of them really mattered in the end. Wrapped them up and was done!

#4,330  
I have enjoyed watching you guys! While there are things I would do different, with enough work you can (and have) make it turn out great. I try to watch, admire, and not say much. HOWEVER: dude, your girl looks great!!!!!! How good that has to feel. I couldn't be happier for all of you, may your pleasures be many, your troubles be few.

Best,

ed

Lauren is doing very well. She has gained 20 lbs since the surgery. Back in school studying IT and devouring classes. She is doing 100% distance learning. She also has a photo shoot this month. She had signed a modeling contract in Nov 2021 just as the RMSF hit and she has been struggling ever since, and unable to accept work. She had a zoom meeting with her agent and there is some movement there so she is definitely happy. Driving herself around to medical and dental appointments and working out every day -she does a pilates sort of thing that is low repetitions to be easy on her joints- we set her up with a work station and she painted most of the doors and baseboard for the house-I still need to install those.
She has her spirit back.