My Tractor Mechanic is not happy

/ My Tractor Mechanic is not happy #31  
What's your mechanic really not happy about? Knowing he won't be getting calls to deal with broken plastics, electrical problems, regeneration issues etc.? (y)

Give this girl a little care and it'll run another 67 years.

/ My Tractor Mechanic is not happy #32  
A good running older tractor is an eye catcher and fun to use. Sure, you might find a few idiosyncities but yo will learn how to work with them. The older tractors were designed to be fixed by the farmer in the field. If your mechanic doesn't like it replace him, not the tractor.

/ My Tractor Mechanic is not happy #33  
She does!! He sent a video of her running and going down the road!! I am getting a disk, harrow, planter and sprayer. And I NEED the harrow and the sprayer!!
Nice looking machine!

/ My Tractor Mechanic is not happy #34  
If memory serves me correctly, the 55 has a six-speed transmissin and live PTO. I think it's more than a match for a pretty good-sized rotary cutter. I still love the old green machines (not that "other" green) along with the old red ones.

/ My Tractor Mechanic is not happy #35  
Yep, you got a good deal even if you have some repairs to do. The implements are worth more than that price!

/ My Tractor Mechanic is not happy #36  
A friend has 3 Olivers. An OC3 crawler, a Super 55, and a row crop 77. All 3 have been restored and he runs them in his local tractor club pulls. This is me on his 55 pulling the sled.

Attachments

• IMG_20151003_122112.jpg
    IMG_20151003_122112.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 67
   / My Tractor Mechanic is not happy #37  
Even if Oliver is not produced anymore Agco does still supply parts. There is an Oliver group that carries most manuals and covers a lot of Oliver history and may be even to give you some facts and figures of your tractor.
As has been stated those older tractors especially the smaller sizes were almost always sold as gassers, yes diesel was available but were usually harder to start when cold and mechanics were afraid of them. Gasoline engines of that period were easier to maintain, and usually changing the points, condenser, and spark plugs was all that was needed to get it running great again. With the advances made in electronics in the ignition systems points and condenser replacement became a lost art.
Those "oldies" were built to last even when abused, after all it still runs and appears to be in good shape.
FYI if interested Sherry Schaefer puts out a magazine called "Oliver Heritage". It contains a lot of info on Oliver and has many sources for Oliver parts sources. Might want to go to Oliver Heritage Magazine – Online – Oliver Heritage is the magazine for enthusiasts of all things Oliver. and take a look and maybe even subscribe.

Good luck with the Oliver

/ My Tractor Mechanic is not happy #38  
Awesome! Don't regret it. Those old gas tractors are simple, cheap to fix and reliable as a stone. Your mechanic is only being negative because he knows he's gunna lose income from you because you will never have to get anything fixed.
I know my 1955 Allis is going to outlive EVERYTHING in my yard.

/ My Tractor Mechanic is not happy #39  

/ My Tractor Mechanic is not happy #40  
1654313545178.png