My work shop build in progress

/ My work shop build in progress #91  
He's got energy doesn't he Terry!!!! Worried about upcoming garden season. I'd be so overwhelmed by the build that the garden would never cross my mind!!! :D

/ My work shop build in progress
He's got energy doesn't he Terry!!!! Worried about upcoming garden season. I'd be so overwhelmed by the build that the garden would never cross my mind!!! :D

Richard it is either plant soon or spend later. We still have some of last years canned goods but they are mostly just Tomato sauce, canned hot peppers and pears off of the tree have enough canned pears that even if the tree does poorly this year we will have plenty but the beans, potatoes mixed vegetables corn and other stuff didn't last through the winter this time
last summer was a poor garden because I didn't tend to it well enough going to plant a little differently this year to hopefully be less work.
But heck we are still cutting fire wood to last out the remainder of this season. our heat pump has only had to cycle maybe 3 times throughout the winter

/ My work shop build in progress #93  
Frank we've got a Pear tree in the backyard. We pick and eat fresh ones but don't can any. The Deer clean them all up. Deer love Pears!!!!

20191106_063912.jpg

Life around here gets busy this time of the year working on equipment for neighbors and routine chores that get put off but I have managed to pad up about 100 cubic yards of select fill clay for the machine shop trailer which will be most of the South wall of the shop and the reason for the lean to extension.
WP_20200313_10_43_50_Prosd.jpg
next I need to locate the parts storage trailer against the Shop van to become part of the East wall Once I get it in place I will cut the axles out from under it to lower it down to the same level as the machine shop trailer then back fill with more clay base up to about 6 inches below the floors and fill the shop area up to that level which will make the container floor also 6 inches above the fill then once I win the Powerball ha-ha, I will pour a floor
The parts trailer is behind my Freightliner.
WP_20200313_10_44_15_Prosd.jpg

/ My work shop build in progress #95  
Looks good Frank. It's probably already getting warm during the day in your part of the country, that huge shop will be a great place to work large projects out of the Texas sun.

Keep up the good work!

/ My work shop build in progress #96  
Thanks for the update.

Yep we are having a few unseasonably warmer days today might hit 90. under the roof though is at least 10 to 15 degrees cooler right now but that will all change if I don't get busy and install the insulation. However not willing to do that until I have all of the old screw holes taken care of. I am using metal tape to cover the holes then later will smear tar over that to protect the tape

/ My work shop build in progress #98  
Were needing a shop up date Frank, and don't say you been playin in the dirt with seeds and stuff. I need to see chains, and metal, machines, and manly stuff!

Last edited:
Were needing a shop up date Frank, and don't say you been playin i the dirt with seeds and stuff. I need to see chains, and metal, machines, and manly stuff!
Well I have been playing in the dirt. Mining fill to bring the floor level up to where it is needed

Attachments

• WP_20200411_18_27_20_Prosp.jpg
    WP_20200411_18_27_20_Prosp.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 141
  • WP_20200411_18_23_13_Prosp.jpg
    WP_20200411_18_23_13_Prosp.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 123
  • WP_20200411_18_23_13_Prosp.jpg
    WP_20200411_18_23_13_Prosp.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 133
   / My work shop build in progress #100  
Nice, thanks for the update! You going to pour a slab for the floor?

Take care and be safe.