Need help finding a tooth bar for my bucket

/ Need help finding a tooth bar for my bucket #1  

Bansil

Gold Member
Tractor
1967 Ford 5000 w/FEL(sold), 1950 Farmall Super A for the wife to drive around (needs fixed) 2024 Kubota B2601 FEL & BH
When I had my Ford 5000, I made a tooth bar out of a 6x6x5/8 angle iron, I used a grinder and cut off wheel to make the teeth on both edges. It slipped over the bottom lip of the bucket, and straps around bucket held it on.

So I had teeth to the front and down under the bucket

I used it to back pull vines,scrub brush/trees etc. Basically I pulled up into the woods, dropped bucket on the ground and backed up pulling everything back with both cylinders compressed so no chance to bend them since they were not extended out.

Everything I'm finding only gives you forward teeth, to use them to back pull vines would leave my cylinders completely extended with bucket tilted all the way forward and I risk bending them.

Do I have to make another bar or do they sell one?

Thanks

/ Need help finding a tooth bar for my bucket #2  
I made something that sounds like yours on my last tractor. It was fashioned after the commercially available Ratchet Rake. There is an assortment of tooth bars with forward-facing teeth on the market.

Attachments

• IMG_2836.JPG
    IMG_2836.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
   / Need help finding a tooth bar for my bucket #3  
do you have a float function on your fel?

/ Need help finding a tooth bar for my bucket
I made something that sounds like yours on my last tractor. It was fashioned after the commercially available Ratchet Rake. There is an assortment of tooth bars with forward-facing teeth on the market.

Is that 3/16" or 1/4"...or?

That's what I'm looking for! No need for forward teeth. If I have to i will l make one, my plasma table is only 36x48 so I will need to make two pieces and weld them together. This will be for a very specific project for reclaiming some land.

/ Need help finding a tooth bar for my bucket #6  
float position should relieve pressure somewhat back dragging (unless you hit a big snag). i'd avoid down pressure, best of luck.

/ Need help finding a tooth bar for my bucket #7  
Is that 3/16" or 1/4"...or?

That's what I'm looking for! No need for forward teeth. If I have to i will l make one, my plasma table is only 36x48 so I will need to make two pieces and weld them together. This will be for a very specific project for reclaiming some land.
Think it was 1/4". That tractor was sold about 4 years ago and the attachments went along with it. To hold it on, there were tabs you can see in the bucket, and there were chains around the back. The chains were tensioned with bolts (allthread) through the upper lip of the bucket.

Attachments

• IMG_2833.JPG
    IMG_2833.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2834.JPG
    IMG_2834.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 29
That is about exactly how I made the last one, thanks for pictures