New Bee

/ New Bee #1  

raptorterry

Silver Member
Tractor
RTV-X1140 L60 Grand
Good morning. Just bought a used 2016 RTV-X1140 with 68 hours on it. This is replacing a 2013 JD 825i. I look forward to using this. I can tell these are 2 completely different machines. Diesel verses gas. Hydro verses CVT. 2 seats verses 4 seat. We have 140 acres in middile Tennessee and there have been things I wanted the 825 to be able to do, but it can't. It's a fine machine but as fas as a work machine the CVT really hadicaps it. More than a few times I've made the belt spin and all I think of is, $90 for a new belt and the time I have to take to replace it. I look forward to diesel torque and hydro tranny. MY dog doesn't like the Kubota yet. She thinks the seat is too slick and really hates the diesel noise. :D

/ New Bee #2  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Terry. We are glad that you joined.

Congrats on the full sized RTV. Besides getting around, what else do you use it for?

Where in middle TN are you? I am originally from Clarksville.

/ New Bee
Good morning. We are west of Taxville (Nashville) by about 40 miles.

I plan on using the UTV Hitchworks 3 point to attach a blade to maintain my road, a small disk and a spreader for food plots. We have loads of timber here and I'd love to drag it around into areas I cant get the tractor in.

/ New Bee #4  
Nice area there. Are you around Charlotte or the city that has my name, Dickson?

/ New Bee #6  
:welcome: Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Kubota!

/ New Bee #8  
Welcome to TBN.

I bought a used RTV 900 couple years ago. I consider it a mini Diesel 4x4 dump truck. I don't put on an extensive number of hours per year. When I crank it there's usually work to be done. It doesn't get too many hours of pleasure cruising.

These machines have their quirks but you'll get used to them. If mine leaves the farm it's on a trailer so I never notice the limited top speed. They'll definitely haul/pull a load.

20151108_134756 (1280x720).jpg

20151011_111310 (1280x720).jpg

/ New Bee
Welcome to TBN.

I bought a used RTV 900 couple years ago. I consider it a mini Diesel 4x4 dump truck. I don't put on an extensive number of hours per year. When I crank it there's usually work to be done. It doesn't get too many hours of pleasure cruising.

These machines have their quirks but you'll get used to them. If mine leaves the farm it's on a trailer so I never notice the limited top speed. They'll definitely haul/pull a load.

View attachment 540818

View attachment 540820
I love it, a machine being used as a machine!
I doubt I'll notice a top speed difference either. We also have a 825i Gator and it's really faster than it needs to be for me. I can't wait to use it next week to pull a water tank up the hill from the creek. The gator isn't a pulling machine.