new to me 03 century 2535

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #41  
I wish I could remember the name of the road I lived on; a little suburb area, relatively new housing back in 2008, a park nearby. The best part was being right across from an extremely active rail line. It took a bit to get used to, but once I could sleep through the trains going by at night I learned to love it.

It really was a nice little city.

/ new to me 03 century 2535
Okay! Got the head back together and all buttoned up. She’s purring like a kitten with tourettes now.
On to the next thing. Alternators, whos replaced theirs and what did you use? It’s only a 50 amp so shouldn’t be to hard to get. After that i guess i need to tear the 3 point out and get it rebuilt. The hydraulics work but really slow even at higher idle. If the three points up and you shut the tractor off, it drops like a rock. I would think if three points all the way down then it has no flow. Or is this wrong? So that would tell me slow hydraulics on the front loader with hitch down would be due to pump. Thoughts guys? Thanks
571BCF48-54A2-4F81-8BA4-B92D16C8CCB9.jpeg

Last edited:
This looks like an exact copy of my alternator. And only a $100.
9FA844E0-E10F-4E28-84AD-D9889B038638.png

No i do not 3t90l-atc! But the only place i can find a matching alternator for mine is $650. So need to second source.

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #46  
No i do not 3t90l-atc! But the only place i can find a matching alternator for mine is $650. So need to second source.

$650?!

Do you have a Branson dealer nearby? You may have mentioned that, but I don't recall. That seems painfully expensive for an alternator.

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #47  
Have you priced having your alternator rebuilt locally? You would end up with a more reliable one that way.

$650?!

Do you have a Branson dealer nearby? You may have mentioned that, but I don't recall. That seems painfully expensive for an alternator.
3 hours. An alternator is an alternator. I just need the dimensions to match i can change over the pulley myself if needed. Ya 650 is bs. I would smack that SOB if i was there.

Have you priced having your alternator rebuilt locally? You would end up with a more reliable one that way.
No one does that anymore! It’s very very uncommon to find an alternator rebuilder. Ive looked around before i posted and couldn’t find anything.

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #50  
No one does that anymore! It’s very very uncommon to find an alternator rebuilder. Ive looked around before i posted and couldn’t find anything.

That's unfortunate, but not surprising; fortunately we have enough aging citizenry here to support repair and re-use shops around here, but that won't last forever. It's interesting that we, in the 1st World, have brought our products to the point they typically last longer than they ever have- but once they do break they're treated as disposable.