Grapple New Grapple- Third Function

/ New Grapple- Third Function #1  

CAH2873

Hello- I may be posting in the wrong area and apologize in advance if that is the case. I am having a grapple built by the local ag department for my Kubota M8560. I need to add a 3rd function to my tractor. I called kubota and they want 1400 for the install and I do not have a problem with that if that is the best route to go. I noticed there are several manufacturers for the kits and would like to know if I should use Kubota or try to purchase and install one myself. Thanks, CAH2873

/ New Grapple- Third Function #2  
Here you go:
Valve Kits

3rd function auxiliary hydraulic kits for all brands of tractors and loaders

/ New Grapple- Third Function #3  
I second the WR Long 3rd function kits. Mine came with everything cut to the correct length and correct wiring.
All I had to do was mount everything. As close to plug and play as you will get.

/ New Grapple- Third Function #4  
Welcome to TBN & the forum.

My third function is WR Long. I had the dealer install this and $1400 is about right when you consider parts & labor. Mine was $1195, but I probably got a break because I bought the grapple from the dealer at the same time. I didn't know that much about third function and didn't feel that I could do it myself.

I've had the grapple with the electro/hydraulic third function for 2 1/2 years - functions perfectly - never given a moments problem.

And my back & knees feel all the better for it, also.

/ New Grapple- Third Function #5  
My first response would be to be absolutely be sure that the 3rd function valve system you end up getting is rated for the GPM of your pump. This holds true for any of the true 3rd function systems that are sold. I would even double check the Kubota figures. And by the way, it is not the valve that is the concern, but the sub plate of the valve. To small which is most common and you will end up with a cooked pump.

Good luck. ;)