New hand tools

/ New hand tools #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
My Porter Cable circular saw's brushes apparently got too short. Then the recip saw blade would not eject. Time for a new set. Lowes didn't have the PC circular saw in stock.

So, I went through Lowes' listings and liked a Kobalt set with near the same stuff as what I have but in 24v brushless. Got a ram drill and regular drill in the set. Already have a ram drill but not battery powered.

Cheapest was Craftsman.

Got the remaining stuff for sale on Nextdoor at $50. Think they'll go quickly, maybe even before my Kobalt stuff is delivered.

Ralph

Attachments

• PC Hand Tools.JPG
    PC Hand Tools.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 88
   / New hand tools #2  
I'm looking at the small DeWalt circular saws. I already have the 6aU batteries so it doesn't make sense to switch. I haven't even taken my corded circular out of it's case in 3 years and my handsaw is getting worn out. It's cheaper to buy a cordless tool than a 1000 foot extension cord. ;)

/ New hand tools #3  
I'm looking at the small DeWalt circular saws. I already have the 6aU batteries so it doesn't make sense to switch. I haven't even taken my corded circular out of it's case in 3 years and my handsaw is getting worn out. It's cheaper to buy a cordless tool than a 1000 foot extension cord. ;)

That’s what I have and they’re pretty good. I have the brushed version because it’s a left blade saw and that’s the only way I’ll buy one. My dad has the brushless one and it’s an all around better saw but it’s only offered in a right blade model.

/ New hand tools #4  
Heh, my extension cord is a Ryobi 1800 W generator. Just toss it in the back of the Mule and away we go. (y)

/ New hand tools
The wife helped me to cut up some old raised bed boards I had removed today by running 2 extension cords out to where they were so I could use the old 120v circular saw.

Never heard of left handed circular saws. Didn't even know they made them.

/ New hand tools #6  
Heh, my extension cord is a Ryobi 1800 W generator. Just toss it in the back of the Mule and away we go. (y)
Mine's an old Lincoln welder generator which belonged to my father. The only way that I can through that in the back of the truck is if I go up and get my Kubota. ;)

/ New hand tools #7  
I hate buying new tools it usually means I broke an old tool

A couple of years ago I had a rash of broken tools and I was complaining to my step daughter about it...
ME: ..complain' gripe, complain, damn tool broke, gripe, moan
Daughter: ...and how old was it? what did it cost?
ME: had it about 30 years, bought it used...
Daughter: and you used the hell out of it and for things it was never intended
Me: I did not! well...yay, but it still shouldn't break
Daughter: so, stop complaining and get another one

/ New hand tools #8  
The wife helped me to cut up some old raised bed boards I had removed today by running 2 extension cords out to where they were so I could use the old 120v circular saw.

The Skil 77 is a left handed saw.

/ New hand tools #9  
Does anybody run a chainsaw left handed? It's one of the scariest things I've seen, right up there with cutting in shorts and crocs. (Which I saw somebody doing a few days ago.)

/ New hand tools #10  
They’re nearly all left handed IMO. The blade should be to the center of your body and most saws are right side blade. There’s a few left side bladed ones. At least that’s what I think.