'New' John Deere 2305

/ 'New' John Deere 2305 #1  

jsygrovehpi

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305 & John Deere 425
Just thought everyone would appreciate a picture of my 'new-to-me' JD 2305 TLB. Picked it up last weekend in Mass.

I also have a JD 425 with a 54" mmm and 47" 2-stage snowblower sitting in the barn. If I get a good day this weekend I will take them both out and get some group shots.

Any suggestions about what I should do regarding a MMM for the 2305? I was looking into the independant lift and it appears to have a lot of problems associated with its functionality. During the summer mowing is paramount and as long as assembling the 3pt mmm lift isnt too difficult and takes less than 10 minutes to put on / take off, I would probably go that route instead of spending the grand to get the hydraulic bypass valve and independant lift.

I am also looking into another snowblower for the 2305. A way to save some money would be to buy a 4 way blade for the 425 and switch the blower over to the more capable 2305. I havent seen the 54" one yet. Would it be worth the extra $300 over the 47"? The driveway is 600' long and has a 20+ % grade on it and I worry about needing more balasting (I dont have a ballast box. Apparently the one that originally came with the tractor is full of concrete and is sitting in the back lot of a JD dealer somewhere in New Hampshire. The previous owner wasnt too clear as to where that was).

Has anyone done any research into cabs for the 2305? The best looking one I have found was this one ROPS and Non-ROPS tractor cabs, canopies, and guards for all popular brands - Jodale Perry Corporationbut it MSRPs over $4,200 before options.

It looks so nice that it might as well been factory!
ROPS and Non-ROPS tractor cabs, canopies, and guards for all popular brands - Jodale Perry Corporation

I also found this Fremar Cab website. It's nice because it posted links to all its competitors:
Fremar vs. Competitor

Ciao for now!

Attachments

• JD 2305.jpg
    JD 2305.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 4,357
   / 'New' John Deere 2305 #2  
Looks nice! :thumbsup:

The hydraulic hoses for the loader look like they might be hanging a little low and prone to snagging and damage.

Congratulations!

sf

/ 'New' John Deere 2305
Thanks SF!

I know that the lines are hanging kind of low. I tried to slide the slack up towards the top of the hood but there are 2 "hydraulic line managment clamp thingies" that make it hard to do. I will try again the next time (uhhh....first time :p) I take the FEL off.

Any advice on the mower or snowblower situation?

/ 'New' John Deere 2305 #4  
Very nice looking tractor, love the backhoe set up. Someday!!
Enjoy it

/ 'New' John Deere 2305
Thanks fdmars! I remember seeing another Central CT figure on the forums but couldnt remember who it was (The other being JDFanatic).

Couple of quick questions for you... Do you have the 3pt lift for your MMM or do you have the independent lift?

Also, do you use that powerhorse log splitter with the 2305? How is it? I am looking to surprise my father with splitter if I can find a decent one for relatively inexpensive. (no point in buying one that is more expensive than another splitter that has its own engine)

Thanks

/ 'New' John Deere 2305 #6  
Do you have the 3pt lift for your MMM or do you have the independent lift?

That is a very good question and I cannot answer it as I do not know. will have to research it.

the one I can answer is on the log splitter, yes I use the smaller one from Northern tool on the 2305, for me it works great. I do not split a huge amount of wood, but it has cut anything I can put on it. It cuts in both directions and moves fast enough for me. One note nothing longer than 18" long. I did order a power beyond kit, which you must have w/ your backhoe.
I think you got a great little tractor, I sure do enjoy mine.
PS where are you located?

Best Fred

/ 'New' John Deere 2305 #7  
Welcome to TBN!

You can buy a ballast box from the dealer for $200-300 and fill it with concrete or find the existing one if it isn't too far to drive.

Nice tractor have fun with it.:thumbsup:

/ 'New' John Deere 2305 #8  
enjoy the 2305 its a good day when you get a new toy.

/ 'New' John Deere 2305
Do you have the 3pt lift for your MMM or do you have the independent lift?

That is a very good question and I cannot answer it as I do not know. will have to research it.

the one I can answer is on the log splitter, yes I use the smaller one from Northern tool on the 2305, for me it works great. I do not split a huge amount of wood, but it has cut anything I can put on it. It cuts in both directions and moves fast enough for me. One note nothing longer than 18" long. I did order a power beyond kit, which you must have w/ your backhoe.
I think you got a great little tractor, I sure do enjoy mine.
PS where are you located?

Best Fred

Yes the backhoe requires the Power Beyond so I should be ok for the splitter. I was looking at the larger splitter, its only $50 more. I've read that a lot of people who buy a 3pt splitter mention that the couplers and hoses to connect to the power beyond can get rather pricey. Do you know how much all the extras cost to get you up and running? What do you normally split at? Idle half or full throttle?

The tractors are located at my father's house in East Haven. I bought a place in Newington last year to be closer to work in Hartford.

He plans on using the tractor first to replace a raised garden wall that has about 250 LF of pressure treated lumber. After he is done with that (around the end of April) I will get my grubby little paws on it to destroy...ahem... 'redo' the current landscaping around my house.:thumbsup:

I'll make sure to take pictures of the projects and post them on the site.

/ 'New' John Deere 2305
Steve. Yes, I know that the ballast boxes arent that expensive to get althought it would be nice to have one without having to pay another $300. If we can locate it and it doesnt weigh more than 800 lbs or so it could be picked up in my fathers Subaru Baja (little pickup) so that it wouldnt cost a limb to drive the diesel to retrieve it.

Yes. It is ALWAYS a good day when you get a new toy! :p