New L6060

/ New L6060
Just make sure the hydraulics meet your needs. Most specifically that the rear remotes don't leak down excessively. Big problem if you plan on running TnT, less so with some other implements. Gone though a pile of remotes trying to get non-leaky ones.
What is TnT?
Congrats. Must be nice when a dent saves you money instead of costing.
My nephew should have blamed the dealer when he rolled the bucket back just a wee little too far on his granpa’s new Kubota. :giggle:
They sent me a pic of little dent. I told them if they’d double the discount they could put another one on it. Lol

/ New L6060 #22  
TnT = hydraulic top & side links. Top & Tilt. Let's you change the angle or twist of your 3pt.

/ New L6060 #23  
In a similar situation awaiting upgrades to a 3560 le cab model myself. Got a discount off msrp from a dealer who is switching to kioti and was his last unit. He couldn’t access the Whole Goods ordering system so he transferred it to another dealer for me who agreed to honor the deal pricing which is nice given the supply is almost gone. Issue is the remote and 3rd function kits are supposedly getting ordered. Not much communication so I’m concerned the tractor will be sold out from under me at a higher price or they’ll gouge me on the parts since there has been no deposit or contract signed yet with the new dealer. Contacted the salesman last week and he’s just told me he was going to Order the parts this week and would just add any shipping costs that were above normal. Tried him Tuesday and doesn’t know anything yet other than he will call me when he knows something. Just feel like I’m kinda lost in limbo at the moment...

/ New L6060 #24  
In a similar situation awaiting upgrades to a 3560 le cab model myself. Got a discount off msrp from a dealer who is switching to kioti and was his last unit. He couldn’t access the Whole Goods ordering system so he transferred it to another dealer for me who agreed to honor the deal pricing which is nice given the supply is almost gone. Issue is the remote and 3rd function kits are supposedly getting ordered. Not much communication so I’m concerned the tractor will be sold out from under me at a higher price or they’ll gouge me on the parts since there has been no deposit or contract signed yet with the new dealer. Contacted the salesman last week and he’s just told me he was going to Order the parts this week and would just add any shipping costs that were above normal. Tried him Tuesday and doesn’t know anything yet other than he will call me when he knows something. Just feel like I’m kinda lost in limbo at the moment...
I’d be requesting the tractor be delivered as is or lock in the deal with a deposit or something if I was concerned. Take it back when all parts have arrived if within any reasonable distance.

/ New L6060 #25  
Went up about a week later. Guys was much nicer in person. Says it’s mine no problem with being sold out from under me. He said it’s just horrible getting any parts. Some are slowly coming in. I offered to pay the deposit to hold the unit but he said it’s not necessary at all...says they have good deals out there but can’t get anything to sell other than zero turn mowers. Wife had me call last Saturday for an update but I feel like I’m gonna piss him off and he’ll stick it to me later but still waiting on hydraulic levers and valves for the top n tilt and remotes. We shall see. I really need it ASAP. Just at the mercy of covid 19 and supply chain issues I guess.

/ New L6060 #26  
Went up about a week later. Guys was much nicer in person. Says it’s mine no problem with being sold out from under me. He said it’s just horrible getting any parts. Some are slowly coming in. I offered to pay the deposit to hold the unit but he said it’s not necessary at all...says they have good deals out there but can’t get anything to sell other than zero turn mowers. Wife had me call last Saturday for an update but I feel like I’m gonna piss him off and he’ll stick it to me later but still waiting on hydraulic levers and valves for the top n tilt and remotes. We shall see. I really need it ASAP. Just at the mercy of covid 19 and supply chain issues I guess.
Kubota‘s parts were slow long before COVID. When I bought almost two years ago it took weeks for the dealer to get everything needed to install the third function and rear remote.

/ New L6060 #27  
Still no word on when I’ll get the tractor. Called a week ago he said a few things came in but so far no idea

/ New L6060
Finally took delivery (picked up) my L6060 yesterday am! Super excited. I had waited a long time for the 3rd function valve to come in but it kept getting pushed back by kubota. I finally said I wanted the tractor and they could ship me the valve kit and I’d install myself.
Compared to my old JD4300 this thing is a Cadillac! (Do we still use Cadillac as the gold standard?)

anyways. I’m sitting here at 6:30 drinking my coffee on the back porch and reading my operators manual. (Very out of character for me. Please don’t tell my wife). Lol

On my short to do list is to take it and have the rear tires filled at some point. I hate having to have a rear implement attached at all times to use the loader. I know a rear implement / ballast will almost always improve balance but the filled tires will often make it not totally necessary (at least I think).

next want to look at installing some nice led work lights on the rear and maybe add to the front. I work a busy schedule so the ability to drill some beans after sunset is important. If anyone has any recommendations (YouTube videos or other advice) for the type of lights and some guidance on the install feel free to share.

looking for a hydraulic top link to utilize one of the two sets of rear remotes. Whether bush hogging or pulling the drill the top link adjustment via hydraulics will be sweet.

also shopping for a grapple. I’ve read that the wicked grapple from EA is the way to go. I little pricier than some options but a buy once / cry once implement.

lastly, and by request of my 10 year old son... a radio. I mean there is a hole that was made for it. Can you really leave it with a blank face plate ?

pictured it next to the old JD just for comparison.

Attachments

• C2D95B1F-BDCB-47C7-85E0-1DF7520164CA.jpeg
    C2D95B1F-BDCB-47C7-85E0-1DF7520164CA.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
   / New L6060
In the picture the kubota honestly doesn’t look that much bigger. 4300 wheel base is 68” vs kubota 75”.
JD 4300 weight is 3000 lbs vs L6060 @ 4365.
HP. JD 4300 - 30. L6060 - 60.

definitely have more tractor!

/ New L6060 #30  
Congratulations. You picked a great tractor. If you plan to operate in rough terrain protect the very soft underbelly and the front grill. I installed a skid plate not long after I got my 5460 but like a dummy I waited to install a grill guard after I had grill and hood damage.