New L6060

/ New L6060 #31  
Loaded rears increase traction, stability & increase the potential load on the front axle. An implementation on the rear increases traction, stability & decreases the load on the front axle. Think a teeter tower. Even if it doesn't pull the front off the ground it decreases the weight on your small complex expensive axle & moves it to the heavy simple rear axle.

I generally try to have proper 3pt ballast on my machine any time I lift heavy even with loaded rears. Better stability & prolongs the life of my front axle seals, bearings & gears. I don't always ballast rear & it will lift ok. But it's safer & easier on the machine to properly ballast.

/ New L6060 #32  
Loaded rears increase traction, stability & increase the potential load on the front axle. An implementation on the rear increases traction, stability & decreases the load on the front axle. Think a teeter tower. Even if it doesn't pull the front off the ground it decreases the weight on your small complex expensive axle & moves it to the heavy simple rear axle.

I generally try to have proper 3pt ballast on my machine any time I lift heavy even with loaded rears. Better stability & prolongs the life of my front axle seals, bearings & gears. I don't always ballast rear & it will lift ok. But it's safer & easier on the machine to properly ballast.

For loader work I like to have the bush hog unless I am working in close quarters. The bush hog creates more stability because the weight is further than my tiller or box blade.

/ New L6060 #33  
For loader work I like to have the bush hog unless I am working in close quarters. The bush hog creates more stability because the weight is further than my tiller or box blade.
Yup, longer lever arm & can generate more force the further back it is. It makes it less maneuverable though. I piled sacks of stuff on the back of the rotary cutter on my old L3200 for extra ballast. That machine had yay more lifting power than it had stability or the ability to keep the back end on the ground.

My l4060 with loaded tires & the L805 loader an max out the loader lift with little to no 3pt ballast. I just choose not to stress the front axle.