New Member Introduction & The Farm

/ New Member Introduction & The Farm #11  
Grrrr said:
]

Hope that wasn't too boring and I will post some more pics when we finally manage to start cutting more hay. (If it ever stops raining!) :rolleyes:

P.S. I hope I posted this in the right place :confused:

Jake

Welcome to TBN. Have fun.

I noticed the ROPS on your MF-135. Is that factory-installed or aftermarket? If the latter, who's the manufacturer?

I ask because I'm finishing a restoration on a 1964 MF-135 diesel and am debating whether to purchase a ROPS.

Also am looking forward to future pictures showing your haying operation. I have 10 acres of flat pasture that I intend to put into hay using the MF-135. Am looking for pre-owned haying implements now. Am interested in the implements you use for your operation.

/ New Member Introduction & The Farm #12  
eh-low and welcome to TBN. Nice looking farm. We could use some of your weather here in the Upper South, we haven't seen any rain in a long time. We're gonna need a hurricane to catch up. Are y'all getting a lot of sprawl development in the UK?

/ New Member Introduction & The Farm #13  
Hi Jake. Thanks for the pics.

/ New Member Introduction & The Farm #14  
I often travel to the Cambridge area (Huntingdon, to be exact) and can report that is some of the most beautiful farm country I've ever seen. Complete with concrete roads on the field edges for the tractors! Well, not all farms have that... The history of it all amazes me - most everything is hundreds of years old. I really like it over there...

/ New Member Introduction & The Farm
Thankyou for all your kind comments. We do not farm for a living, we don't have enough land to do so. We only sell the hay we make. The land is rented to our neighbours when it is not growning for hay. They do farm for a living and have a poultry (eggs) farm.

flusher said:
I noticed the ROPS on your MF-135. Is that factory-installed or aftermarket? If the latter, who's the manufacturer?

I ask because I'm finishing a restoration on a 1964 MF-135 diesel and am debating whether to purchase a ROPS.

The roll bar was not a factory item and we have added it recently. The tractor came from the factory with a frame cab with just a roof. It had posts coming up where a normal roll bar attatches but also from the front of the footplates. It was very rusty and we did not think it would take the weight of the tractor so we replaced it. The new one is a universal one made to fit tractors about the size of the MF135. It is was made in England.

Here are some more pictures and a bit more history of the farm. Wre moved here two years ago. The house was first built in 1912. It burnt down in the 1930's and was rebuilt. The only part left standing was the chimney stack that runs up the middle of the house. Once the house was rebuilt it was owned for nearly 40 years by the same family. These then sold up in the 70's and it was bought by the people we bought it off. They let it run down alot and when we bought it it required completely refurbishing. This took over a year. It was finished in March last year. This is a picture of the house as of today.

(Lots of pictures, all 640 x 480)

The land was in better condition than the house but was still not very good. Here are some pictures of the land.

Looking out from the front of the house

Another view from the front of the house

Looking from the side of the house towards the sand school

Neighbours sheep in one of their fields

View from front lawn over the haha

Another view

Some trees on the front lawn

One of the fields waiting to be cut for hay

Our most productive hay field, allready been cut once this year

Another view

Again

Lawn behind the house

Back garden, just grass

Sand School

Again

Horse Paddocks

Last edited:
Some more pictures, this time going on down to the woods

(Again, all pics 640 x 480 clickable thumbnails)

Looking up the drive towards house (The hedges need cutting)

One of our steeper fields going down towards the river

Our neighbours sheep barn (The MF595 is just visible)

Looking down towardsthe river fields

Some sheep

And some more

Again, looking down towards the river fields (Our boundary is the treeline)

The steepest field we normally cut for hay (It has been grazed this year)

The river fields

Looking out across from the track that goes down to woods

Where the cattle feed during the winter

Track going to above place

We seem to have very good land for growing these thistle weeds!

One of the steeper fields

Looking back across it

And again

Shrubland above the track (Soon going to be cleared by a contractor and a big tractor)

Looking down towards the river from track

Looking back up the track

Last ones I promise!

(All pics clickable thumbnails at 640 x 480)

The track shown earlier cuts up through the middle of this slope

Entrance to the woods

A very muddy fields entrance (Hopefully we will be doing something about this soon)

Again, the woods entrance

The middle river field

Again (It is very boggy at the moment because of all the rain we have had)

The woods entrance

Looking down to the fields from the track

Again

The top of the track

Another

The field that we normally cut but not this year because it has been grazed

Another angle

I hope that you have enjoyed looking at these pictures. It also doesn't look as if we wil be cutting hay tomorrow as we have more bad bad weather forecasted :mad: :mad:

Did anyone find those photos interesting? (Soryy I posted so many)

/ New Member Introduction & The Farm #20  
ya I thought they were awesome! That's the thing with farming always something to do and never enough time to enjoy the views. Ed