New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #21  
Thank you, agreed. The extra $3-5k is worth being able to use and adjust a wider range of 3ph equipment - especially an auger.

Regarding the LX2610SU, do you have any feedback on options/attachments?

I spec'd one online and selected the following, anything I may not need or may need - I'm not super familiar with some of these items.

About the limited 3PT travel, that can be easily compensated with an adjustable top-link. Thus, more 3PT equipment can be used. My original top-link was short. I upgraded to using the John Deere equivalent to my machine. Now I have no issues. See 3PT attachments in my signature. 3PT post hole auger is one of them too.

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #22  
About the limited 3PT travel, that can be easily compensated with an adjustable top-link. Thus, more 3PT equipment can be used. My original top-link was short. I upgraded to using the John Deere equivalent to my machine. Now I have no issues. See 3PT attachments in my signature. 3PT post hole auger is one of them too.

Hmmm..........

Some sub-compact tractors, such as the John Deere 1 Series, have a "limited" category 1 hitch. This indicates that the "limited" hitch is lower to the ground and may not lift as high or open as wide as standard full-size category 1 hitches.

MORE: tractor Category 1 limited hitch

T-B-N ARCHIVE: Category 1 limited hitch site:tractorbynet.com

Last edited:
   / New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #23  
Hmmm..........

Some sub-compact tractors, such as the John Deere 1 Series, have a "limited" category 1 hitch. This indicates that the "limited" hitch is lower to the ground and may not lift as high or open as wide as standard full-size category 1 hitches.

MORE: tractor Category 1 limited hitch

Simple, just change it out. Been there and done that already. Old news. :)

Also recently did the same for a Ford 1500. Upgraded per the Hoye Tractor Yanmar universal kit.

Hoye Tractor is a proud sponsor of the TBN forums for over a decade.

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #24  
I own a JD 2025r, sort of similar to what you are looking at. It has a limited cat 1 3 point hitch. It has the size and lift capacity but the lift height is limited. Yes there are some things you can do to help the lift height but depending on the implement it still can be a problem.

For example, I have a fertilizer spreader and a 35 gallon sprayer. The lift height is fine. I have a 6’wide rear blade, the lift height is adequate. I have a brush hog and the lift height is just barely adequate. If you think you need lift height, don’t get a limited cat1 tractor.

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501
I had no idea this was an option - thanks for sharing! I think for simplicity's sake, I'll stick with the cat 1 tractors so I can also rent implements and borrow some from friends without comparability issues.
I own a JD 2025r, sort of similar to what you are looking at. It has a limited cat 1 3 point hitch. It has the size and lift capacity but the lift height is limited. Yes there are some things you can do to help the lift height but depending on the implement it still can be a problem.

For example, I have a fertilizer spreader and a 35 gallon sprayer. The lift height is fine. I have a 6’wide rear blade, the lift height is adequate. I have a brush hog and the lift height is just barely adequate. If you think you need lift height, don’t get a limited cat1 tractor.
Appreciate your advice - between your experience, Jeff's advice, and talking to a buddy who has a cat 1 and will let me borrow stuff, it's a no-brainer for me to go full compact, albiet a bit overkill for my current property. Besides the 3PH limitation, do you like the 2025? Plan on sizing up?

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #26  
Hello all, long time lurker, first time posting.

The CFO has given me the green light to purchase a tractor in the next couple of months and I have narrowed down my choices between two Japanese manufacturers. I am not considering any of the South Korean brand names due to my affinity for Japanese products/quality and I realize this limits my options. I am also shying away from Deere since I can't stomach the "green premium".

We currently have a smaller property that needs a lot of work with future plans of purchasing 5-20 acres to build our retirement home on. I am still relatively young, so that will be some time in the future. Our current property is a hilly 1 acre lot 80% lawn and 20% wooded.

The type of work I'm looking to do with this machine:
Break ground and move a lot of heavy clay to prepare for concrete slabs, run a tiller for a small garden, pull deck/patio posts, install posts for new deck/patio/privacy fence, material moving, cleaning up felled trees/brush in our wooded area, putting in retaining wall (once I get a BH), planting trees, pulling a box blade at my in-laws to maintain a 400ft gravel driveway, and helping out at other friends' family properties. I have no interest in mowing and do not want this thing anywhere near my leach field/septic tank - I have a dedicated ZTR for mowing so the mid-PTO is not a concern.

I realize my property is a little small for the L2501 and probably the LX2610, but I want something that doesn't leave me wanting for more during a specific job. The soil here sucks and most of it is very dense clay, I'm afraid a big SCUT might have a tough time digging/grading this stuff. I read on here to buy the most tractor you can afford, so I'm keeping my spend at or below $25k mark to remain conservative and allow for a dump trailer and backhoe purchase in the future without breaking the bank too much.

I really like the LA525 loader on the standard L vs the LA535 on the LX... It's interesting that the SA424 loader supposedly has the same lifting capacity.

As far as dealer networks go, there's a Kubota dealer pretty much everywhere I look and only two Yanmars within 80 miles. I do a lot of my own maintenance so I'm only interested in the dealer network for warranty repairs and/or replacement parts.

Should I go big or go home with the L2501/LX2610SU Or keep things slow and practical with the SA424 SCUT?
I would definitely lean toward the L2501 simply because it is heavier and therefore will be more stable. It's less likely to feel "too small" for the job. On the plus side, it appears the loader on the 2501 has more lift. Tractordata.com lists the LX2610 lifting 769 pound to full height at 500mm from the pin and the L2501 lifting 1182 pounds at 500mm plus it has 10 inches more lift.

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #27  
Hello all, long time lurker, first time posting.

The CFO has given me the green light to purchase a tractor in the next couple of months and I have narrowed down my choices between two Japanese manufacturers. I am not considering any of the South Korean brand names due to my affinity for Japanese products/quality and I realize this limits my options. I am also shying away from Deere since I can't stomach the "green premium".

We currently have a smaller property that needs a lot of work with future plans of purchasing 5-20 acres to build our retirement home on. I am still relatively young, so that will be some time in the future. Our current property is a hilly 1 acre lot 80% lawn and 20% wooded.

The type of work I'm looking to do with this machine:
Break ground and move a lot of heavy clay to prepare for concrete slabs, run a tiller for a small garden, pull deck/patio posts, install posts for new deck/patio/privacy fence, material moving, cleaning up felled trees/brush in our wooded area, putting in retaining wall (once I get a BH), planting trees, pulling a box blade at my in-laws to maintain a 400ft gravel driveway, and helping out at other friends' family properties. I have no interest in mowing and do not want this thing anywhere near my leach field/septic tank - I have a dedicated ZTR for mowing so the mid-PTO is not a concern.

I realize my property is a little small for the L2501 and probably the LX2610, but I want something that doesn't leave me wanting for more during a specific job. The soil here sucks and most of it is very dense clay, I'm afraid a big SCUT might have a tough time digging/grading this stuff. I read on here to buy the most tractor you can afford, so I'm keeping my spend at or below $25k mark to remain conservative and allow for a dump trailer and backhoe purchase in the future without breaking the bank too much.

I really like the LA525 loader on the standard L vs the LA535 on the LX... It's interesting that the SA424 loader supposedly has the same lifting capacity.

As far as dealer networks go, there's a Kubota dealer pretty much everywhere I look and only two Yanmars within 80 miles. I do a lot of my own maintenance so I'm only interested in the dealer network for warranty repairs and/or replacement parts.

Should I go big or go home with the L2501/LX2610SU Or keep things slow and practical with the SA424 SCUT?

You should wait to buy a tractor until you have the land for it. You may want a different machine for 20 acres vs 3 acres, etc.

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #28  
I really like my JD 2025r. I live on 3 acres and it seems like the perfect size for me. I owned a Kubota BX before for 10 years. When I bought my 2025r I assumed it woukd be more money than I wanted to spend. They offered a lot of discounts and I was happy with the price. That was three years ago and prices have gone up a lot. It never hurts to check a price.

One more comment on the three point. I’ll use a rear blade as an example. On my tractor one side link is adjustable. This lets you adjust the blade side to side so it hits the ground level. I could buy an adjustable side link for the other side and shorten that up also and get better lift. The top link on all tractors are adjustable and you can buy longer or shorter ones. So if I shorten the top link I’m happy with the lift. The problem is depending on how you want the blade to cut, a short top link doesn’t work. The short top link will just let the blade skim along and not cut much. A long top length will let the blade cut but the lift height is low. It gets the blade off the ground but not much. The way I use my tractor not a problem but depending on the rear implement it can be a problem, a rear post hole digger being one.

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501
I would definitely lean toward the L2501 simply because it is heavier and therefore will be more stable. It's less likely to feel "too small" for the job. On the plus side, it appears the loader on the 2501 has more lift. Tractordata.com lists the LX2610 lifting 769 pound to full height at 500mm from the pin and the L2501 lifting 1182 pounds at 500mm plus it has 10 inches more lift.
Appreciate the feedback - The L2501 is still on the back of my mind, I can't shake it 😂 I'm going to see if any of the local dealers have the L2501/LX2610SU in stock to see if I can test drive and have an opportunity to test FEL performance.
You should wait to buy a tractor until you have the land for it. You may want a different machine for 20 acres vs 3 acres, etc.
Thanks for the feedback - I have plenty of work on my small lot that requires a capable tractor and also have work on my folks/in-laws land to warrant one as well. Realistically, I'll never have any more than 5-10 acres in the future since the area I'm in, (non-wetland) land in desirable areas costs at least $20-30k an acre minimum. I'd like to size my machine for current/future needs since it'll get used regardless IMHO. Now if I hit the lottery and buy 100 acres in Montana or something, different story.

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #30  
1 SWIFT TACH KIT WITH 1 LEVER QUICK COUPLER FOR ROPS TRACTOR $794.00 (B2386)

Watch this video. "SWIFT TACH" is an option distinct and separate from the SSQA bucket-to-FEL coupler.

Sorry. My error. I try to keep up with Kubota offerings.

VIDEO:

Last edited: