New Pole Barn Started

/ New Pole Barn Started
Finished the front soffits, fascia trim and corner trim. Just need to do the same on the back. I am guessing 2 more hours and construction will be complete.

Pricing out garage door installation for the two 9x9 doors. First quote was $1300 for installation. Automatic wall mounted openers are $750 each. Hoping to find a better deal on installing the doors and I will do the openers myself.

b7f185c2-7233-4375-86b7-d292a8696a10.jpg

IMG_2256.JPG

IMG_2255.JPG

/ New Pole Barn Started
Another update on my barn. Installed both doors and finished everything up today. The exterior is done! Still have electrical to do - LED lighting inside and six coach lights on the outside. But the building is up and complete. Very pleased with how it turned out. Very proud to have done it all myself. But won’t do it again!

IMG_2337.JPG

IMG_2338.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

/ New Pole Barn Started #113  
It sure tuned out looking really nice!!!!

/ New Pole Barn Started #114  
Very nice

/ New Pole Barn Started
Finished the electrical today. Installed 12 LED shop lights, installed plugs in the workshop and plugs at the top of the doors for future electric garage door openers. On Tuesday I call the town for a final inspection.

IMG_2422.JPG

IMG_2423.JPG

/ New Pole Barn Started #116  
Excellent…..you must be very pleased.

/ New Pole Barn Started #117  
I still have fluorescent lights and I hate them. Those LED lights sure look nice!!!

/ New Pole Barn Started
$20 each and I installed 12 of them. 5000 lumens each for a total of 60,000. Nice and bright in there. I didn't hard wire them, I installed outlets in the trusses so if any burn out I can unplug them, unhook them and easily replace them.

/ New Pole Barn Started #119  
That's an interesting idea. My lights are all hard wired, including PVC conduit to each one to make it an even bigger pain to replace them. I never thought about installing outlets up there. Hopefully you don't have to replace them, but who knows what will be available in ten years?

/ New Pole Barn Started #120  
When I converted my shop I just installed an outlet where each light had been. Round covers with cutouts for an outlet are available.