New (to me) 4100

/ New (to me) 4100
Made a little more progress today on the 4100.

Somehow I ended up with an I match when I picked up the parts I ordered last week.

IMG_6158.JPG

Not knowing what I had/ didn’t have I ordered the loader joystick so I could start figuring out what else was missing. I’m missing a number of small things but I think I’ve got a solid list of parts to order to get it operational.

IMG_6161.JPG

IMG_6164.JPG

IMG_6165.JPG

Installed some orange flashing lights and the new imatch. When the headlights and flashers are on my orange lights flash opposite of each other, so it goes left - right instead of both on - off like they are in just the flasher position. I’ll have to dig deeper into that later.

IMG_6163.JPG

Added the cruise control handle, it was missing from its previous life.

IMG_6172.JPG

Clear coated the hood and slapped on some fresh decals. Much better than the primer grey and sun faded decals it had before.

IMG_6166.JPG

IMG_6171.JPG

I do have new HST decals as well, just undecided if I want to just buff the side panels or actually repaint them. Either way it’s closing in on 100* out so I don’t think I’ll be doing much more on the tractor till it’s a bit cooler.

/ New (to me) 4100
Got my hot water pressure washer back from the shop today and couldn’t resist cleaning up the 4100 a bit. Leaning towards waxing the side panels to get rid of the oxidation.

IMG_6182.JPG

IMG_6188.JPG

IMG_6187.JPG

IMG_6189.JPG

IMG_6185.JPG

IMG_6193.JPG

IMG_6192.JPG

/ New (to me) 4100 #13  
I have a 4100 I bought new in June of 2000, has a little over 2000 hours. Primary use is mowing. But cleared a lot snow, built four large flower/vegetable gardens by using it to dig large holes (2ft deep) and filling with top soil. Small machine but can do a lot of work. I mow with mm mower, have a heavy 4 foot rear blade, FEL, 4 foot tiller, and seed/fert. spreader. Kept it garaged, regular maintenance including glow plugs twice and the only major problem occurred when the voltage regulator malfunctioned and caught fire-only damage was the regulator. Would not want one of the newer machines, this has been perfect for my 3.5 acres.

/ New (to me) 4100
Fresh look to the side panels and a new Heavy Hitch

IMG_6206.JPG

IMG_6294.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG

/ New (to me) 4100 #15  
What was the treatment to the side panels before painting? They look great!!

/ New (to me) 4100
What was the treatment to the side panels before painting? They look great!!

Thanks! I did some fine sanding, primer, paint, and clear coat.

/ New (to me) 4100 #18  
Which of the two JD green paints did you use?

/ New (to me) 4100 #19  
Owned a 4100 for over 20 years, brush hog snowblower and 54 in mower. Only thing I had to replace was the glow plugs and front wheel drive seals! Then I stupidly traded it on a 2025R three years ago! If it last half as long as the 4100 it'll be surprising! $100's are Bullitt proof! Tractor never let me down once. Great machine!

/ New (to me) 4100
Which of the two JD green paints did you use?

I think the newer variant, it was whatever the had in the shelf at the dealership