New to quick hitches

/ New to quick hitches #41  
Just to add to the subject…
Did anyone try to mount quick hitch inside tractor bucket? Seems to be convenient for 3 pt equipment on front

/ New to quick hitches #42  
Did anyone try to mount quick hitch inside tractor bucket? Seems to be convenient for 3 pt equipment on front
Yep. I did that and used it a few times. Having a 4-in-1 bucket I was able to rest the QH (Speeco inverted C type) into the bucket, adjust it to fit, and then chain it in place with short chain. The whole rig is not all that useful but certainly works, esp for moving attachments I do not want to hook up and want flexibility in where and what level I store them.

/ New to quick hitches #43  
I saw a QA for that.

/ New to quick hitches #44  
Yep. I did that and used it a few times. Having a 4-in-1 bucket I was able to rest the QH (Speeco inverted C type) into the bucket, adjust it to fit, and then chain it in place with short chain. The whole rig is not all that useful but certainly works, esp for moving attachments I do not want to hook up and want flexibility in where and what level I store them.
Got any pictures?

/ New to quick hitches #46  
Bear in mind a quick hitch requires all implements to be nearly the same width. I went with Pat's Quick Hitch to eliminate that problem. I felt it was easier than modifying my implements to fit a quick hitch.
Yes, that is THE disease that makes essentially all the Speeco style (10 brands of them...) useless in my book. Nearly every time I tried to use the thing it was incompatible with the width of implement. Then there is Cat 1 , Cat 2 , etc etc. All out on the limbs of a tree I did not want to climb in the first place. Europe is a good source of ideas on this. Most or all of their quick hitches are inverted V (triangular) shape. Because of that they do not give a crap about width AND they are self-centering which is worth the entire effort for us old folks. In Europe they mount the male component on the FEL and then each implement is fitted with what amounts to an inverted V female of two pieces of C-channel. You have to see these things to understand how incredibly BETTER they are than the old cussword fixed width types. Pat's Quick Hitch (and others like it) do nothing to help with the centering problem. People like me trying to center the tractor and the 1460 lb implement after 5 tries are not impressed by those. They solve only half the problem.

Videos and YouTubes of the various ones below are super instructive.

Suggest look at Home , Jiffy Hitch Systems(Google them) or go to Jiffy Hitch Systems, Inc. , Sparex (owned by Agco) and others. Don't confuse "EuroHitch" for 3pt with the unrelated stuff for the FEL quick attach alternative to skid-steer compatibility.

The DeltaHook design and Jiffy Hitch are very similar and there is a small community that refers to all these as "Delta Hooks." Note that 'delta' is the Greek symbol for the triangle and familiar to engineers. Sparex is mostly European made but available through MF dealers. They tend to require you to weld the female inverted V to the implement. Many allow you to choose weld-on type versus pin-on type. I like the pin-on style because I can take it on and off and do not burn any bridges by welding something on there that forces you to use that type hitch in the future.
Jiffy Hitch is the best in my opinion. It is fairly expensive but so well figured out. They even have a version that ALSO connects the PTO shafts !!! Talk to Fred at Jiffy Hitch and learn from him. They offer options for pin-on and weld-on types.

Believe it or not there is even a sort of informal "hacker" club that spreads around diagrams and plans for do-it-yourself delta style quick hitches. A welder project guy's dream. See quick hitch | Farm Hack

Last edited:
   / New to quick hitches #47  
As a relative newb myself. I looked into this and decided to try the HF and save the cash. My research told me that there were issues with older implements and the HF QH. My implements are all relatively new (Chipper and Box blade). Once I set it up (adjusting the height of the center link hitch), it works just fine. No modifications needed.

/ New to quick hitches #48  
That's the one thing that's a little annoying about my Pat's QH. Trying to get those things straight is like solving a Rubik's Cube. For geniuses only. Mine are off by a little bit. One more than the other. But they solve the problem of one person implement attachments. IOW, they make it possible for one person to to attach and un-attach their implements more easily.

Yeah, I know some old-hand is gonna tell us how easy it is for him without a QH. Good on him. But for me, I like my Pat's.

That 'Euro' deal is intriguing however. But knowing nothing about the Euro hitch, I'd recommend the Pat's until something comes along that's better
There is something better. It's the Euro lower hooks as shown in the pictures. Ask anyone here on TBN that have converted to those and they will tell you right away how much better those are, even after they've uses QH and Pats.

/ New to quick hitches #49  
I bought the Quick Hitch from "Harbor Fright" and it only worked on one of two of my implements. The fixed top hook would not allow one implement to fit. It sits rusting in my yard. I ended up getting Pat's QuickHitch and it is fantastic. Once you have it installed and tightered it works just as advertised. It handles my rear blade, spray rig, and 1000lb+ PTO chipper all with no problem.

/ New to quick hitches #50  
As a relative newb myself. I looked into this and decided to try the HF and save the cash. My research told me that there were issues with older implements and the HF QH. My implements are all relatively new (Chipper and Box blade). Once I set it up (adjusting the height of the center link hitch), it works just fine. No modifications needed.
What is HF QH?