New Tractor Problems

/ New Tractor Problems #11  
Just be careful not effect your warranty.

/ New Tractor Problems #12  
If they try and screw you out of your warranty for replacing the starter, there's something wrong. Saying that, if the starter damages something like the ring gear I can seem them denying that. As I said, I would have lost faith in the dealer by now but there's nothing you can do now after the fact so you're going to have to deal with it.
I suppose another dealer is out of the question?

/ New Tractor Problems
If they try and screw you out of your warranty for replacing the starter, there's something wrong. Saying that, if the starter damages something like the ring gear I can seem them denying that. As I said, I would have lost faith in the dealer by now but there's nothing you can do now after the fact so you're going to have to deal with it.
I suppose another dealer is out of the question?
Next one is 1.5 hours away. If this doesnt work I will give them a ring.

/ New Tractor Problems #15  
Not sure where you are located but maybe getting your area Branson rep involved is not a bad idea. For us it use to be a great guy who said he would approve the parts if I needed them and wanted to install.

Not sure who is now as I know he is no longer working for Branson.

/ New Tractor Problems #16  
To eliminate hydrolock from the equation you can put a breaker bar and socket on crank pulley and make sure engine turns over evenly by hand.

/ New Tractor Problems #17  
Why try to work on a tractor that new and under warranty? Call the dealer and tell them to fix it.

/ New Tractor Problems #18  
Why try to work on a tractor that new and under warranty? Call the dealer and tell them to fix it.
The original posted stated that it would be over $450 for transport , unless the OP negotiated transport or on site repairs, he's stuck. As long as he's capable and willing to do the repairs, I would have done the same thing as he's doing.........Mike

/ New Tractor Problems
Update. I am 95% positive it is the starter. One issue is what ever person designed this engine should be shot. The hydraulic pump is in the way of completely removing the starter. I did pull it 3/4 the way and connected alligator clips to the terminals with 12v. It would do the same thing, click once. I could turn the shaft freely. Dealer still hasnt called me back and I can't get ahold of anyone for the quote for the starter. Starting to get PO.

/ New Tractor Problems #20  
If it's an osgr starter sometimes the solenoid contacts or the plunger are to blame.