New Tractor Problems

/ New Tractor Problems
If you have a hydro trans, I've had it happen twice exactly the same. Jumped off and it wouldn't restart. Both times it was a branch stuck in the safety switch for the pedals (they make sure they're centered before starting). Not sure if yours is the same, but worth looking. I have since bypassed that switch so it won't happen again.
I'll take a look but I dont have too many trees on the property. Lots of field.

The sounds like a bad solenoid and/or not getting enough amperage. I had the same problem with my Kubota. Make sure you are jumpering with thick enough cables.

I would take booster cables and hook the negative from the battery to the engine block and the positive from the battery positive to starter always on terminal and then use a thick gauge wire to jump from the positive terminal to the "start" terminal. If you still get grinding and clicking then you probably need to replace the solenoid.

If you have older GM cars then you probably know a lot about bad solenoids and if you have an GM car with headers then you definitely know about bad solenoids :(
Yes I tried this and I got 1 click. I pulled the starter 3/4ths the way where I could see the spindle inside. It engages but doesnt spin. I used a truck jumper box. Battery has been tested by autozone and napa. Both say it is good.
Load test the battery.. Never ok know. I usually do that first
Battery has been tested by autozone and napa. Both say it is good.

/ New Tractor Problems
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You have a bummer to bummer warranty. I have a 3515R got from KENO tractor phone number 541-850-8193 I live 1500 mile from them and would do it all over again.GREAT dealer. Call and talk to George or Eric the owner. They will help you over the phone and will ship you parts. You may have to E-mail papers to prove when you took possion of tractor for the warranty. GOOD luck please keep us posted. Steve hope it's something simple.
I'm going out of town for a week but I will probably do that. I have the original invoice and delivery check sheet.

/ New Tractor Problems #43  
New product, I always get the shop manual so I have wiring and hydraulic diagrams. Only efficient way to trace such problems is those diagrams. If you are electrical/mechanical deficient you are stuck with dealer assistance. FELs are easy to lift if you relieve the hydraulic pressure by loosening the fittings a little and letting it bleed or like a previous post stated. Use your truck and trailer. I changed from a similar dealer problem to one further away. Fortunately I am able to transport and have good elec/mech skills, always do my own work as much as possible.

Ron

/ New Tractor Problems #44  
Not a very good dealer IMO. I know my dealer would help me out.
Had a similar problem with the dealer I bought my Mahindra4025 from. Had 12 hours on the tractor and braided fuel line started leaking, dealer wanted me to make a 50 mile round trip on a trailer to replace the fuel lone. Fuel line was $20 and about a 30 minute job, wouldn’t even swap the fuel line and let me replace it, ended up buying the first fuel line from the dealer and just replaced the other two with regular fuel lines when they started leaking. Found out right then that a dealer that will work with you is priceless.

/ New Tractor Problems #45  
If you decide to transport the tractor

1. Disconnect the Bush cutter. Use a 2x4 to lever the draft links off the cutter pins. Top link and PTO remove easily.
2. Put the FEL control in "float" or up position. Then you'll be able to jack the forks up. May be enough to take them off ? Controls to neutral, then chain or block the FEL off the ground. Then you'll be able to pull/push the tractor onto a trailer.

/ New Tractor Problems #46  
If he jacks the loader up and then puts the loader valve in the center/neutral position the loader will stay raised

/ New Tractor Problems #47  
If he jacks the loader up and then puts the loader valve in the center/neutral position the loader will stay raised
It will fall. The reason is fluid is dumped to tank in float mode. So as he raises it it will not have fluid to hold the cylinder. Plus there is a bigger void to fill on the capped end that will not have a pump to put fluid in.

/ New Tractor Problems #48  
I don't have anything to add except to say I'm sorry you got hosed by your dealer. I know time is valuable but I would be standing across the street from them with a huge sign saying they don't honor warranty or something like that.

/ New Tractor Problems #50  
If you decide to transport the tractor

1. Disconnect the Bush cutter. Use a 2x4 to lever the draft links off the cutter pins. Top link and PTO remove easily.
2. Put the FEL control in "float" or up position. Then you'll be able to jack the forks up. May be enough to take them off ? Controls to neutral, then chain or block the FEL off the ground. Then you'll be able to pull/push the tractor onto a trailer.
Is there a gear box to be shifted to neutral? My John Deere had a 2 speed gear box.bmy Toro's do not.