New Trailer

/ New Trailer #1  

joeyd

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM 353HST
Well after researching comments about trailers on this thread I decided to pull the plug and buy one. Although I don't haul my tractor I always wanted a way to move it around if I needed to. I finally decided on a 7x16 car hauler 7,000 GVW with electric brakes on both axles. This thread was also a great source of info on how to construct sides for the trailer. I have attached before and after pics since it always helps me when I am looking for things to build or improve.

Since I may have to tie the tractor down I also replaced two of the bolts on the brush guard/frame to M-14 shoulder eye bolts to secure the front end to the factory welded D-rings on the trailer. The rear I will secure to stake pockets using the drawbar.

Thanks for all the help and ideas that everyone has posted on this thread.

Attachments

• 20140912_172616.jpg
    20140912_172616.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 410
  • 20140916_161455.jpg
    20140916_161455.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 391
   / New Trailer #2  
Good looking trailer. Ought to be handy for a lot of things.

/ New Trailer #3  
I'm hoping my trailer looks half as nice after I'm done refurbishing it....:thumbsup:

/ New Trailer #4  
Make sure you read the specifications on those eye bolts. They do not do well with side loading. Usually they have markings on the eyelet to show where the ring is rated to be pulled at. (I'm unsure of the direction you are loading them so its only a thought) Nice work on the trailer though.

/ New Trailer
Make sure you read the specifications on those eye bolts. They do not do well with side loading. Usually they have markings on the eyelet to show where the ring is rated to be pulled at. (I'm unsure of the direction you are loading them so its only a thought) Nice work on the trailer though.

I will be loading the eyebolts from the front of the trailer so the pull will be just off center as the d-rings on the trailer are a little wider than the tractor.

/ New Trailer #6  
I will be loading the eyebolts from the front of the trailer so the pull will be just off center as the d-rings on the trailer are a little wider than the tractor.

Are the eyebolts being pulled directly in line with the shank of the bolt?

/ New Trailer
No, the d-rings on the trailer will be about a foot or so to the outside of the eyebolt, so there will be a side load. If I remember correctly the bolts were rated at 3200lbs.